• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Domestic bliss chez BoJo. TRIGGER WARNING: Graun article

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Domestic bliss chez BoJo. TRIGGER WARNING: Graun article

Police called to loud altercation at Boris Johnson's home
    Neighbour records shouting and banging at flat potential PM shares with Carrie Symonds

Police were called to the home of Boris Johnson and his partner, Carrie Symonds, in the early hours of Friday morning after neighbours heard a loud altercation involving screaming, shouting and banging.

The argument could be heard outside the property where the potential future prime minister is living with Symonds, a former Conservative party head of press.

A neighbour told the Guardian they heard a woman screaming followed by “slamming and banging”. At one point Symonds could be heard telling Johnson to “get off me” and “get out of my flat”.

The neighbour said that after becoming concerned they knocked on the door but received no response. “I [was] hoping that someone would answer the door and say ‘We’re okay’. I knocked three times and no one came to the door.”

The neighbour decided to call 999. Two police cars and a van arrived within minutes, shortly after midnight, but left after receiving reassurances from both the individuals in the flat that they were safe.

When contacted by the Guardian on Friday, police initially said they had no record of a domestic incident at the address. But when given the case number and reference number, as well as identification markings of the vehicles that were called out, police issued a statement saying: “At 00:24hrs on Friday, 21 June, police responded to a call from a local resident in [south London]. The caller was concerned for the welfare of a female neighbour.

“Police attended and spoke to all occupants of the address, who were all safe and well. There were no offences or concerns apparent to the officers and there was no cause for police action.”

Johnson and Symonds have increasingly appeared together at public events in recent weeks. The former mayor of London topped Thursday’s ballot of Conservative MPs in the party leadership contest and is now the favourite against Jeremy Hunt to be the next prime minister.

The neighbour said they recorded the altercation from inside their flat out of concern for Symonds. On the recording, heard by the Guardian, Johnson can be heard refusing to leave the flat and telling Symonds to “get off my ******* laptop” before there is a loud crashing noise.

Symonds is heard saying Johnson had ruined a sofa with red wine: “You just don’t care for anything because you’re spoilt. You have no care for money or anything.”

The neighbour said: “There was a smashing sound of what sounded like plates. There was a couple of very loud screams that I’m certain were Carrie and she was shouting to ‘get out’ a lot. She was saying ‘get out of my flat’ and he was saying no. And then there was silence after the screaming. My partner, who was in bed half asleep, had heard a loud bang and the house shook.”

Johnson left his wife, Marina Wheeler, last year and began a relationship with Symonds, who has been credited with revitalising his appearance and approach to politics. She was part of his team when he publicly launched his campaign for the Tory leadership earlier this month.

In recent weeks the couple have been sharing a flat in a converted Victorian house. It has been reported that they intend to move into Downing Street together if he is elected leader.

Johnson’s office was contacted earlier on Friday for comment but had not responded by the time of publication.

'Jeremy Hunt will beat Boris Johnson!'

we will see

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Police attended and found no drama or issues. The neighbour called the Guardian to report Boris was being yelled at but were concerned for his girlfriend. A load of politically inspired bollocks or is the left wing Stasi state at work?

Comment

It's just news, if Boris hadn't stomped around the flat yelling at his girlfriend and smashing the crockery it wouldn't be in the newspaper.

People want to know who they're voting for.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

This is not good for his campaign. The question is do you want a PM who will stomp around trashing Downing Street,
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            This is not good for his campaign. The question is do you want a PM who will stomp around trashing Downing Street,
            How do you know anyone was stomping around or that it was Boris? If the smashing was taking place its more likely his girlfriend doing that. Have you never had a domestic? As you have does that make you unfit for office? Do you really want a bunch of shy retiring types in government who wouldn't say boo to a goose?

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
              How do you know anyone was stomping around or that it was Boris? If the smashing was taking place its more likely his girlfriend doing that. Have you never had a domestic? As you have does that make you unfit for office? Do you really want a bunch of shy retiring types in government who wouldn't say boo to a goose?
              You need to ask the party members.

me I don't care as the next PM won't last very long whoever he is.

be afraid

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Boris was a shoe in.

Boris Johnson's Brush With Police Puts Leadership Bid in Turmoil

doesn't look good.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  I do hope so...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                    Police attended and found no drama or issues. The neighbour called the Guardian to report Boris was being yelled at but were concerned for his girlfriend. A load of politically inspired bollocks or is the left wing Stasi state at work?
                    ^ This. A Guardian reading snowflake tries to derail another democratic process. The one where Boris becomes king and kicks some EU arse.

Comment

Working...
                    X