• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Domestic bliss chez BoJo. TRIGGER WARNING: Graun article

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Some of Johnson's idiocies here.

15 reasons Boris Johnson should never be Prime Minister - Mirror Online

I don't think there's a problem with all of those, his comment about Obama for example, was about a reality of human nature, but he's far too prone to trot out stuff without thinking. The EU is hardly comparable to Nazi Germany and anyone with any sense would know that people get in such a hissy fit when Hitler's name is mentioned that any valid argument he might have made would be ignored. A comparison to Yugoslavia would have been much more appropriate.
    Does the EU, in your opinion, have similar restrictions on the free press to those that were in Yugoslavia?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Does the EU, in your opinion, have similar restrictions on the free press to those that were in Yugoslavia?
      The comparison between Brexit and Yugoslavia is reasonable, but to be fair the Brexiteers aren't as vicious as Slobodan Milosevic, well not all of them.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Brexiteers aren't as vicious as Slobodan Milosevic, well not all of them.
        Did they hurt your feelings again?

Those big meanies!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Did they hurt your feelings again?

Those big meanies!
          You seem to be a bit nervous, which is understable given the Tory members poll today.

Lots of Brexiteers letting off steam on LBC about lefty journalists.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

You seem to be a bit nervous, which is understable given the Tory members poll today.

Lots of Brexiteers letting off steam on LBC about lefty journalists.

super you are n the wrong forum & reaching as usual. Sorry if you confused people with democratically expressing an opinion with a racist mass murderer that just shows how obsessive you are.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              super you are n the wrong forum & reaching as usual. Sorry if you confused people with democratically expressing an opinion with a racist mass murderer that just shows how obsessive you are.
              It was a reply to this post:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2656923

You're always comparing the EU to the USSR, so it is interesting how you don't like it when we return the compliment.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

You're always comparing the EU to the USSR, so it is interesting how you don't like it when we return the compliment.

If the far right MEPs elected would stop fighting each other, then they'd be able to undermine the EU from within, via the democratic process. This demonstrates conclusively that the "EUSSR" is a masturbatory fantasy of the terminally stupid.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  If the far right MEPs elected would stop fighting each other, then they'd be able to undermine the EU from within, via the democratic process. This demonstrates conclusively that the "EUSSR" is a masturbatory fantasy of the terminally stupid.
                  The cretins do go quiet when you ask why a totalitarian superstate allows a free press, significant elements of which are loudly critical of that superstate, extending to publishing bare faced lies (Johnson's prawn cocktail crisps lies for example).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    The cretins do go quiet when you ask why a totalitarian superstate allows a free press, significant elements of which are loudly critical of that superstate, extending to publishing bare faced lies (Johnson's prawn cocktail crisps lies for example).
                    I find it interesting that they compare the break up of the EU to the break up of Yugoslavia but get all huffy when you attempt to humour them and bring in the "hero" of the process into the discussion.

They probably need to check their historical facts.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I've nothing against using historically correct analogies with which to compare the EU but perhaps to avoid offence we should steer clear of cretinous examples.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X