• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Domestic bliss chez BoJo. TRIGGER WARNING: Graun article

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the there was the Darius Guppy incident...Boris Johnson's friend Darius Guppy admits to horrifying attack on journalist 'who insulted his wife' | Daily Mail Online

Guppy: Boris, have you got this number?

Johnson: [inaudible] look, there is a guy at the moment, going through...

Guppy: You're brilliant.

Johnson: ... files at home

Guppy: Fantastic. But I am telling you something, Boris. This guy has got my blood up, alright? And there is nothing which I won't do to get my revenge. It's as simple as that.

Johnson: How badly are you going to hurt this guy?

Guppy: Not badly at all.

Johnson: I really, I want to know ...

Guppy: Look, let me explain to you...

Johnson: If this guy [see/sues?] me I will be ******* furious.

Guppy: I guarantee you he will not be seriously hurt.

Johnson: How badly will he ...

Guppy, interrupting: He will not have a broken limb or broken arm, he will not be put into intensive care or anything like that. He will probably get a couple of black eyes and a ... a cracked rib or something.

Johnson: Cracked rib?

Guppy: Nothing which you didn't suffer at rugby, OK? But he'll get scared and that's what I want ... I want him to get scared, I want him to have no idea who's behind it, OK?

Johnson: If I get trouble, if I get...

Guppy: You will not, Boris. I swear to you. If you...

Johnson: [unaudible bluster]... I got this bloody number for you. OK, Darrie. I said I'd do it. I'll do it. Don't worry.

Guppy: Boris, I mean it; I really love you.

More details from this same conversation are available here, including this nugget not included in the published audio:

Guppy: But Boris there's absolutely no ******* proof: you just deny it. I mean, there's no proof at all.

Johnson: Well yeah...

Guppy: I mean, you know, big deal. You're sitting in Brussels and the day it happens you're in Brussels, it's as simple as that.

By now you may have noticed that Boris Johnson's primary concern is that his role in this planned assault will be discovered. Also, just in case there is any doubt about the nature of the information he promises Guppy, here is a fuller transcript of the tail end of the conversation, where he promises to deliver both the phone number and address of the man Darius Guppy plans to have beaten in a revenge attack:

Guppy: Well do it discreetly. I ... if it's in any way going to look suspicious. That's all I require – just the address: the address and the phone number ... all right? Now I guarantee you, you have nothing to worry about. [Slowly, emphatically] Believe me. All right? You have my personal guarantee. I've never let you down, all right?

Johnson: OK Darrie, I said I'll do it and I'll do it. Don't worry.

Guppy: Boris, I really mean it, I love you and I will owe you this, all right? And I'm a man who keeps my word.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I think it’s disgraceful that Diane Abbot still has not been imprisoned for life for drinking on a bus. This story of our future leader is just fake news designed to distract from the real issues of the day.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            I think it’s disgraceful that Diane Abbot still has not been imprisoned for life for drinking on a bus. This story of our future leader is just fake news designed to distract from the real issues of the day.
            It’s only an imprisoning offence for Abbott. For anyone else, it’s “classy” and should be applauded...

Woman drinking pink gin from a wine glass on the Tube is back at it again | Metro News

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              But when asked how many times she had done it she said a billion.

Comment

Comment

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Johnson refuses to confirm when that photo was taken.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X