• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

North Korea's Kim Jong-un receives 'excellent' letter from Trump

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North Korea's Kim Jong-un receives 'excellent' letter from Trump

Awe isn't that nice. Cosying up with the most extreme dictators who use flame throwers as capital punishment.

Vote for Boris, Trump approves. Had you read dystopian thriller 10-15 year ago where the future US president was a North Korea dictator loving grab em by the pussy supporter recommending a narcissistic liar for UK PM you'd have righty mocked the idea. As it happens this thriller would now be moved to the non-fiction section of your local now closed library.

Sadiq Khan's letter I'm sure is in the post.

North Korea leader Kim Jong-un has received a personal letter from US President Donald Trump, state media report.

Mr Kim praised the letter as "excellent" and said he would "seriously contemplate the interesting content", the KCNA news agency says.

He also praised Mr Trump's "extraordinary courage".

Earlier this month, Mr Trump said a beautiful letter had been sent to him by the North Korean leader.

It was not disclosed when or how Mr Trump's letter to Mr Kim had been delivered. The White House has not commented.

North Korea crisis in 300 words
    Who's sending aid to North Korea?
    Was Kim Jong-un's murdered half-brother a CIA mole?
    Talks between the US and North Korea stalled at a meeting in Vietnam between Mr Kim and Mr Trump in February.

The letter is the first major development between the countries since then, the BBC's Laura Bicker reports from Seoul.

The US has insisted North Korea give up its nuclear programme while Pyongyang has demanded sanctions relief.

However in recent months Mr Trump has spoken warmly about Mr Kim.

Earlier this month he told reporters that North Korea under Mr Kim's leadership had "tremendous potential".

And in May during a visit to Japan Mr Trump described Mr Kim as a "very smart guy" and said he expected "a lot of good things" to come out of North Korea.

source: North Korea's Kim Jong-un receives 'excellent' letter from Trump - BBC News
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    North Korea leader Kim Jong-un has received a personal letter from US President Donald Trump, state media report.

Mr Kim praised the letter as "excellent" and said he would "seriously contemplate the interesting content", the KCNA news agency says.

Comment

Cosying up with the most extreme dictators who use flame throwers as capital punishment
      Unfortunately it may be necessary to make deals with revolting people if that is the only way to put a stop to what they are doing.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Unfortunately it may be necessary to make deals with revolting people if that is the only way to put a stop to what they are doing.
        I thought Juncker was stepping down?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Why is it necessary to send love letters to Kim or deal with him in any way?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Why is it necessary to send love letters to Kim or deal with him in any way?
            Because he has a tendency to be unpredictable with the contents of his pram.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I thought Juncker was stepping down?

Off to rehab....

Comment

Working...
              X