• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Carbon offset

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon offset

If I run an aircon unit I pay more for my electricity as I'm using more. Is that any different from paying a carbon offset for, e.g. flying somewhere instead of walking?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    If I run an aircon unit I pay more for my electricity as I'm using more. Is that any different from paying a carbon offset for, e.g. flying somewhere instead of walking?
    Is that like running a fridge with renewable energy, opening the door and combating global warming?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Is that like running a fridge with renewable energy, opening the door and combating global warming?

Yes. It's exactly that.

Comment

I think you've discovered something. The World has been waiting for a great mind like yours to save humanity.

Comment

My neighbour isn’t very good with his recycling. Each week he only recycles one or two wine bottles. We are far more environmentally friendly, recycling a case of champagne a few bottles of gin and a dozen wine bottles. Sometimes I think he’s just not caring for the planet like we are.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I think you've discovered something. The World has been waiting for a great mind like yours to save humanity.
            Entirely missing the point as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Aircon! I've got the heating on in the evening in the UK!
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                My neighbour isn’t very good with his recycling. Each week he only recycles one or two wine bottles. We are far more environmentally friendly, recycling a case of champagne a few bottles of gin and a dozen wine bottles. Sometimes I think he’s just not caring for the planet like we are.
                It shows in the quality of your posts - try not posting when you're in your cups!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  And you are doing your bit for the planet overpopulation by shooting a few.

I just hope you never replaced that diesel generator.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    And you are doing your bit for the planet overpopulation by shooting a few.

I just hope you never replaced that diesel generator.
                    It was petrol, and after the last one was nicked, it was replaced with solar.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X