• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom (not work related)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    Very nice. Do the ducks have a duck house to live in?

He's a contractor, FFS. The ducks have a real house to live in, serviced by a duck Jeeves.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      He's a contractor, FFS. The ducks have a real house to live in, serviced by a duck Jeeves.
      Good point. Though I know a few contractors who'd put the ducks up in the real house, and go live in the duck house themselves (or caravans or campervans as they are otherwise known as..).

Comment

Good point. Though I know a few contractors who'd put the ducks up in the real house, and go live in the duck house themselves (or caravans or campervans as they are otherwise known as..).
        Yeah, we all know PC.

Comment

Very nice. Do the ducks have a duck house to live in?

No, I never built one as they're wild ducks mostly, and there are Moorhens on the island so didn't want to disturb them Neighbour is going to put one up though for his own ducks, but I think it will have to be a large one as we'd get 40-50 ducks on there most days

They have quite a few chicks at the moment too ..... stop sniggering at the back, not those kinds of chicks!!
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

We put a clause in contract that the neighbour can't do anything with the land (apart from use as garden) whilst we own the property to protect us.
            Congrats, just so I understand does that mean the person buying your house won't be entitled to the same protection?

Purely technical front, what is the penalty if the neighbour does decide to build something on that land whilst you are there.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Just need to sell the house now which still sits on a 1/2 acre plot so should still be a good garden for somebody ..... it's a bit slow out there though
              Anyone finding London slow as feck? I'm looking in zone 2 and the house turnover is slug-like, things are selling but not much coming to market at all.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Congrats, just so I understand does that mean the person buying your house won't be entitled to the same protection?
                Correct. Although there are a host of covenants on the land going back 20+ years so the new owner of our house will have the protection from them.

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Purely technical front, what is the penalty if the neighbour does decide to build something on that land whilst you are there.
                If he chooses to apply for planning (whether successful or not) he will be liable for a sum of money to us that would not be financial viable for him. He has maintained he has no plans to ever build on the land .... and to be fair to him, the only access he has now is via knocking his own current house down as we wouldn't be providing access via our land so it would be a major decision for him anyway. Will he want to do something in 5, 10, 15 years time? No idea. Will he even get planning permission? Again, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                  Anyone finding London slow as feck? I'm looking in zone 2 and the house turnover is slug-like, things are selling but not much coming to market at all.
                  I hope it stays that way. Once we sell here we'll be looking for a flat in London in the 900,000 to million bracket, so we're hoping the London market keeps heading down as there will be even more bargains to be had

Comment

Working...
                  X