• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hmmm - legalise drugs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    "runimants are killing the planet" this just not true. The number of people that want to consume the global resources is threatening human existence.
    There would be space for more people if there were no cows, sheep, goats. Can the world quench China’s bottomless thirst for milk? | Environment | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      There would be space for more people if there were no cows, sheep, goats. Can the world quench China’s bottomless thirst for milk? | Environment | The Guardian
      That's a reductive argument in my opinion; let's forgo everything to maximise human proliferation.

On the topic of drugs: legalise all that are not too "hard" - nice little tax income mixed with increased civil liberty.

Comment

Soylent Green is the answer!

You can trust me, I'm a Doctor.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I'd legalise drugs, lace them with poison and get rid of the section of society that thought it was Ok to take that tulip in the first place.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

The drug gangs that I grew up around were either people who regularly used them and just sold any excess they had to fund what they were doing or career criminals and really nasty pieces of work.

I would think that if all drugs were suddenly legal the first lot would probably end up on the dole or in some reasonably easy job, a rare few of them were actually pretty smart and could do well without the drugs involved but not many. The second would probably just take up some other form of money making crime.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Perhaps the worst drug of all is refined sugar.
              Corn syrup added to everything is the worst. Btw - when it comes to cane sugar, the refined stuff isn't really much different from the unrefined. When it comes to cane sugar, "refined" effectively means "washed". I used to work at the Tate & Lyle refinery in Silvertown.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I used to work at the Tate & Lyle refinery in Silvertown.
                Which years? Were the gates to Silvertown Tramway still there?

I used to cycle past the factory every day up to 2016 - now I only go occasionally. When the refinery is going its a great smell!

Surprised they have not relocated the factory elsewhere.

Comment

Which years? Were the gates to Silvertown Tramway still there?

I used to cycle past the factory every day up to 2016 - now I only go occasionally. When the refinery is going its a great smell!

Surprised they have not relocated the factory elsewhere.
                  They're gearing up to meet demand from the booming biscuit and jam export industries.

Comment

There's a relevant article in The Independent today:

Illegal drugs less harmful than alcohol and tobacco and should be reclassified, finds major report | The Independent

Illegal substances such as ecstasy and cocaine can be less harmful to individuals and societies than tobacco and alcohol and should be reclassified to reflect their actual risk, a report by the Global Commission on Drug Policy has concluded
                    Certainly alcohol and tobacco are pretty harmful but I'm not sure that is an argument for increasing the choice of available mind-altering substances.

Some of the comments in that article are dubious. "LSD and ecstasy are among the lowest scoring drugs for levels of harm" Really? I had a girlfriend who was totally wrecked for a year after taking LSD, kept seeing black curtains coming down. Never heard of that with one shot of booze. Even one drag of Cannabis can have effects that last for months, and significant use is linked to psychosis.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      There's a relevant article in The Independent today:

Illegal drugs less harmful than alcohol and tobacco and should be reclassified, finds major report | The Independent

Certainly alcohol and tobacco are pretty harmful but I'm not sure that is an argument for increasing the choice of available mind-altering substances.

Some of the comments in that article are dubious. "LSD and ecstasy are among the lowest scoring drugs for levels of harm" Really? I had a girlfriend who was totally wrecked for a year after taking LSD, kept seeing black curtains coming down. Never heard of that with one shot of booze. Even one drag of Cannabis can have effects that last for months, and significant use is linked to psychosis.
                      Have you never heard of acute alcohol poisoning?

Can you back up the statement that one drag of Cannabis can have effects that last for months?

Comment

Working...
                      X