• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you define "contractor attitude"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    "contractor attitude" seems to be up there with "a case of the Mondays".
    I thought it was more about being unpleasant to people on random forums you'd probably get on famously with in real life.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Except for JTB who is probably an even bigger chunt in the flesh.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Let's be fair, he's not as dull as you!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          He's like all the gricer stable of sockies combined into one but with the humour stripped out and replaced by PC's and Darren Test's neediness.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Let's be fair, he's not as dull as you!
            You have a point. NLUK is dull. JTB is boring.

From Dull Men's Club FAQs

Are dull men the same as boring men?

No

Dull men accept their dullness. Boring men are dull men who actually believe that they are interesting.
            Dull men tend to be introverts. A boring man is an extroverted dull man.
            The character Norm Peterson from the television show 'Cheers' is a dull man. The character Cliff Clavin is a boring man.

A tip on how to handle bores from the Wall Street Journal (April 20 Web Watch): when someone at a dinner party is boring other guests to death about the book he's currently reading, you can cut them off by giving away the ending to the book -- get to Free Study Guide Answers, Book and Literature Notes - Novelguide.com quickly to download a summary of the book.

That’s interesting that a boring man is an extroverted dull man; are there other characteristics of an extroverted dull man?

Yes

An extroverted dull man may be wearing a gray shirt — but it’s often a two-tone gray.

When he’s talking with you, he doesn’t look at his shoes — he looks at your shoes.

He rides elevators because he likes the music — he also sings along with it.
            Last edited by Old Greg; 27 June 2019, 10:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              You have a point. NLUK is dull. JTB is boring.
              If only they could both be cretins like you eh.

Comment

IMO contractor attitude means turning up at the next CUK meet up and buying everyone a drink....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  IMO contractor attitude means turning up at the next CUK meet up and buying everyone a drink....
                  Why is there a never Manchester meetup? Or is there one and you people arent telling me.

Comment

Why is there a never Manchester meetup? Or is there one and you people arent telling me.
                    It needs someone to organize one. I reckon oPM will be up for it. And NF would attend a CUK meet up if it was on Mars!

Comment

There have been a few...

I have not been able to make any

go on suggest one and you may get a few people coming along.

Comment

Working...
                      X