• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you define "contractor attitude"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ProfitableContractor View Post
    So to clarify, you can’t post a link to your own blog even if just in the signature?

What if I’ve written something that I’m sure the contractors here would appreciate in terms of humour? I don’t have any advertising or anything to sell I just want to help people and have a bit of a laugh while I do it.
    Not if you're a cockwomble.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Not if you're a cockwomble.
      Are you particularly musical Old Greg?

I have visions of you singing this to Craiiiiiiiig David “I was a cockwomble on Monday, I was a cockwomble on Tuesday...and on Thursday and friiiiday and Saturday”
      Apparently you can’t follow anyone

Comment

So to clarify, you can’t post a link to your own blog even if just in the signature?

What if I’ve written something that I’m sure the contractors here would appreciate in terms of humour? I don’t have any advertising or anything to sell I just want to help people and have a bit of a laugh while I do it.
        To clarify.

The reason I gave you a stay of leave is because that particular post gave the impression that this was a joke account was created by a regular and created for his/her and our amusement. If it isn't...

I do not appreciate you, as a newbie wet-behind-the-ears contractor, pumping the regulars for information that you do not yet possess and then passing that information off as your own in some other blog. If your blog is real, you are advertising yourself and your own knowledge in it, I view that as fraud.

HTH.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          To clarify.

The reason I gave you a stay of leave is because that particular post gave the impression that this was a joke account was created by a regular and created for his/her and our amusement. If it isn't...

I do not appreciate you, as a newbie wet-behind-the-ears contractor, pumping the regulars for information that you do not yet possess and then passing that information off as your own in some other blog. If your blog is real, you are advertising yourself and your own knowledge in it, I view that as fraud.

HTH.
          Oh hang on a minute! That isn’t what I’m doing, I’ve been a contractor for years just never heard of “contractor attitude” that some poor sharepoint fella was told he didn’t have enough of!

I am new on here not new to contracting and my ears are drier than the Sahara desert in summer

Comment

I am new on here
            Hmmmm....some inneresting similarities with a past poster....

I’ve been a contractor for years just never heard of “contractor attitude” that some poor sharepoint fella was told he didn’t have enough of!
            Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
            Sharepoint isn't a niche skill and you are as mentioned in this thread at a disadvantage as your "contractor attitude" will be questioned, usually by the agent, before it even gets to the client.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
              This is what I meant, what did this mean?

That was the point of this whole melodrama

Comment

Ah, Specifically In General, making a crisis out of a melodrama.

Carry On.

It's so inneresting, innit.

How's the recumbent doing?

Any nice banana suits?

Bubble fronted DMUs?
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

This is what I meant, what did this mean?

That was the point of this whole melodrama
                  Are you familiar with the West Country at all?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post

Comment

defined...

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X