• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Australian-style points system...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    So if the UK adopts the Australian immigration system would mean net migration will double.

Australian are letting migrants in like there's no tomorrow.

Yep, they are strict on refugees but less so on migrants.

I think the general idea is to have a points system that's tailored to the UK. Whatever we have now just doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I think the general idea is to have a points system that's tailored to the UK. Whatever we have now just doesn't work.
      Hopefully it will protect our IT staff.

Comment

The UK already has a points system, making it more like Australia would let even more migrants in so you need to find another example of a points systems that lets less people in.

Good luck with that.

The fact that Boris wants to copy the Australian points system means he's going to flood the place with immigrants.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          The UK already has a points system, making it more like Australia would let even more migrants in so you need to find another example of a points systems that lets less people in.

Good luck with that.

The fact that Boris wants to copy the Australian points system means he's going to flood the place with immigrants.
          Are you really that mentally challenged, that you can't see - the PBS is based off demand for skills/occupations, therefore it can go up or down, depending on the circumstances...

Anyway, as long as the PBS applicant limit is lower than 'unlimited FoM', then the PBS 'lets in less EU immigrants than before', as you put it.

You absolute cretin

PS. The UK only applies a PBS to Non-EU applicants, if Boris gets his way, it will be ALL applicants.
          (He literally said apply a PBS, to slow the influx of low-skilled EU workers in the article)
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            Are you really that mentally challenged, that you can't see - the PBS is based off demand for skills/occupations, therefore it can go up or down, depending on the circumstances...

Anyway, as long as the PBS applicant limit is lower than 'unlimited FoM', then the PBS 'lets in less EU immigrants than before', as you put it.

You absolute cretin

PS. The UK only applies a PBS to Non-EU applicants, if Boris gets his way, it will be ALL applicants.
            (He literally said apply a PBS, to slow the influx of low-skilled EU workers in the article)
            All applicants, but not all immigrants.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              All applicants, but not all immigrants.
              Thanks for confirming what I said and adding the exception.
              Originally posted by Old Greg
              I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Thanks for confirming what I said and adding the exception.
                He just needs to make more immigrants not applicants, and job's a good 'un.

Comment

So barbers from Turkey, Nurses from Estonia, and Kitchen fitters from Poland are alright according to BJ?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It’s already a points based system, just like in Australia!

That’s the fooking point

Comment

Boris means extending it to include EU applicants...

Ah, we have found the oracle - the one who can translate Boris’s words into what he actually means.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X