• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is liberalism obsolete?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Putin enjoys approval ratings at home our leaders can only dream of.
    Look what happens to those that don't approve of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      He's definitely cashing in on the silent majority of people who are happy to let others live their lives however they choose but are getting a bit sick of 'diversity' being force-ably rammed down their throats everywhere they look.

It's not hard to appeal to the masses who are a fed up with fanatical liberals and leftists calling anyone who disagrees with them a nazi/racist etc. This is why Jordan Peterson, Joe Rogan and other 'alt right' figures are so popular. Vlad knows exactly how to exploit this.
      I dated a Russian woman in the 1990s; her and all her fiends loved Putin. Even then he was riffing on Russian nationalism and Christian values as a post-soviet political solution, he was way ahead on this.

Comment

I dated a Russian woman in the 1990s; her and all her fiends loved Putin. Even then he was riffing on Russian nationalism and Christian values as a post-soviet political solution, he was way ahead on this.
        Maybe the Russians deserve Putin. Doesn't mean Putin should inflict his nonsense views on the (relatively) decent parts of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Maybe the Russians deserve Putin. Doesn't mean Putin should inflict his nonsense views on the (relatively) decent parts of the world.
          He's not saying anything new. He's saying what Jordan Peterson and other critics of liberalism are saying. Whether he means it or not and is just saying it for political gain remains to be seen.

The BBC by making this front page news think they're scoring a goal by trying to make him look like an intolerant racist LGBTABCDXYZ-phobe alt-right nazi. When what they will probably achieve is creating more useful idiots who agree with what he's saying.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Well if we really do believe in liberalism then he should be perfectly free to air his views whilst we quietly smile and ignore them. All this angry disapproval is kind of making his point!

Comment

This has to be my favorite picture of 2019 so far:

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                He's definitely cashing in on the silent majority of people who are happy to let others live their lives however they choose but are getting a bit sick of 'diversity' being force-ably rammed down their throats everywhere they look.

It's not hard to appeal to the masses who are a fed up with fanatical liberals and leftists calling anyone who disagrees with them a nazi/racist etc. This is why Jordan Peterson, Joe Rogan and other 'alt right' figures are so popular. Vlad knows exactly how to exploit this.
                I'm trying to think of anyone who does that. I disagree with Vince Cable, but I wouldn't call him a Nazi or racist.

Sound like Alt right political correctness to me. Trying to shut down debate and free speech

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I'm trying to think of anyone who does that. I disagree with Vince Cable, but I wouldn't call him a Nazi or racist.

Sound like Alt right political correctness to me. Trying to shut down debate and free speech
                  Can you walk me through 'alt-right political correctness' please?

Comment

Trump news – LIVE: President wags finger at Putin and says 'don’t meddle in the election'

The pair traded brief remarks on Friday about issues they planned to discuss when a reporter shouted to President Trump about warning Putin "not to meddle" in the 2020 election.

The president answered "of course" before he turned to Mr Putin and said: "Don't meddle in the election."

He playfully repeated request while pointing at Putin, who laughed.
                    Trump news – LIVE: President wags finger at Putin and says 'don’t meddle in the election' as Kamala Harris stuns Joe Biden in debate | The Independent

Comment

I dated a Russian woman in the 1990s; her and all her fiends loved Putin.
                      How many fiends, exactly, did she have? Or does this fall under the TMI category?

Comment

Working...
                      X