• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is liberalism obsolete?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Can you walk me through 'alt-right political correctness' please?
    Trying to stifle free speech by labelling people as politically correct and condemning them for using words like 'racist' or 'sexist'.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      I'm trying to think of anyone who does that. I disagree with Vince Cable, but I wouldn't call him a Nazi or racist.

Sound like Alt right political correctness to me. Trying to shut down debate and free speech
      Your issue has been bolded.

To save everyone some time, here;

Trump supporters called Nazis

Jordan Peterson called Nazi

Looks more like 'the left' are attempting to stifle debate via labelling those they disagree with, Nazis...
      (and your alt right comment is disproven by the examples above btw)

Perhaps you will learn how to use google at some point.
      Last edited by Bean; 28 June 2019, 12:50. Reason: Spulling musteke
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Trying to stifle free speech by labelling people as politically correct and condemning them for using words like 'racist' or 'sexist'.

HTH
        This is the problem with libs - they try and just turn the accusations and criticisms of their methods around at their opponents rather than think of somehting original or a counter argument.

So the critics of liberals are stifling free speech rather than speaking up for it? By pointing out that your argument is to just call me a racist/sexist etc as some kind of 'I win' button means I'm attacking free speech?

You'll be accusing the right of de-platforming next.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
          How many fiends, exactly, did she have? Or does this fall under the TMI category?
          Quite a few actually as she was a classical composer.

Also have a retired teacher friend who lived and worked in Russia for years, he says the same.

Travel writer I know who is currently in Russia has commented how popular Putin is with the people he's meeting.

Bore off with the trolling will you, I'm not claiming anything beyond personal experience perhaps being significant. Feel free to conduct your own scientific study, I look forward to it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...231_story.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            Your issue has been bolded.

To save everyone some time, here;

Trump supporters called Nazis

Jordan Peterson called Nazi

Looks more like 'the left' are attempting to stifle debate via labelling those they disagree with, Nazis...
            (and your alt right comment is disproven by the examples above btw)

Perhaps you will learn how to use google at some point.
            You are listing a subset of people who someone might disagree with. That is not the same as all people who someone disagrees with.

HTH

Comment

This is the problem with libs - they try and just turn the accusations and criticisms of their methods around at their opponents rather than think of somehting original or a counter argument.

So the critics of liberals are stifling free speech rather than speaking up for it? By pointing out that your argument is to just call me a racist/sexist etc as some kind of 'I win' button means I'm attacking free speech?

You'll be accusing the right of de-platforming next.
              Nonsense. The alt right want to make it unacceptable to call a racist a racist. This is a sign of their hypocrisy when it comes to free speech and debate.

Comment

Nonsense. The alt right want to make it unacceptable to call a racist a racist. This is a sign of their hypocrisy when it comes to free speech and debate.
                The 'alt-right' probably do. What about the critics of liberalism who aren't alt-right? Like Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro etc?
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                  Bore off with the trolling will you,
                  Tweaking you, not trolling you, you said 'fiends' instead of 'friends'.

Comment

He's not saying anything new. He's saying what Jordan Peterson and other critics of liberalism are saying. Whether he means it or not and is just saying it for political gain remains to be seen.

The BBC by making this front page news think they're scoring a goal by trying to make him look like an intolerant racist LGBTABCDXYZ-phobe alt-right nazi. When what they will probably achieve is creating more useful idiots who agree with what he's saying.
                    They aren't making him "look" like an intolerant racist, they are merely reporting what he said. The fact that what he said is intolerant and racist is not the Beeb's fault.

It's very sad that as humans we can't accept that we are all the same despite the colour of our skin or who was brought up in a different part of the world..

Anyone against multi-culturalism (whether whites against non-whites or vice-versa) are racists. It's really as simple as that.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Can you walk me through 'alt-right political correctness' please?
                      Why? You seem to have got the hang of it very well all by yourself.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X