• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is liberalism obsolete?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    See, you're learning! 'Illustrate' rather than 'prove'. No need to overstate.the argument.
    I'll be running for office at this rate...
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      I'll be running for office at this rate...
      With the current competition, I may vote for you.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Is school out for summer?

The youth wing of the National Farage/Neil Front/Nigel Fromage fan club been let out again.
        Ooh ooh - name calling! What perfect timing to illustrate the point being made.
        Who exactly did I call a "name" in that post?

In that post I've not said any particular person on this thread is disabled mentally or physically, I've not quoted/misquoted or quoted out of context.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Who exactly did I call a "name" in that post?

In that post I've not said any particular person on this thread is disabled mentally or physically, I've not quoted/misquoted or quoted out of context.
          Who was your comment aimed at? The "name" being:

youth wing of the National Farage/Neil Front/Nigel Fromage fan club
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Who was your comment aimed at? The "name" being:
            Comments do not need to be "aimed at" anyone.

You know, sometimes it's possible to play the ball, not the man. It's possible to debate and discuss ideas without attacking individuals.

...but sometimes responses perfectly illustrate the point being made, eh?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Comments do not need to be "aimed at" anyone.

You know, sometimes it's possible to play the ball, not the man. It's possible to debate and discuss ideas without attacking individuals.

...but sometimes responses perfectly illustrate the point being made, eh?
              Ok let's debate and discuss the idea of "the youth wing of the National Farage/Neil Front/Nigel Fromage fan club"

What's your position on this 'idea'?

Comment

Ok let's debate and discuss the idea of "the youth wing of the National Farage/Neil Front/Nigel Fromage fan club"

What's your position on this 'idea'?
                You've not quite sussed how things work on here, have you?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Portland Antifa are the real fascists | Spectator USA

Interesting read...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Fascism is considerably broader than thuggishness and attacking journalists, bad as those things are. Regrettably the article doesn't address this and just...

...calls them fascists! Who'd have thunk it??

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Good boy, Bean. But what was the point in posting evidence that some people call some people Nazis, as an attempt to rebut my point?

Did you not understand my last answer? I kept it simple for you.
                      Bless. My point is that, usually, anyone disagreeing with e.g. the transgender lobby is called a fascist and/or Nazi. However, you are correct that, this doesn't equate to someone disagreeing with anything someone else says. There are a few topics this happens with (and mainly in the USA): Trump, Wage gap, transgenderism.

I understood it, but just don't feel you're being genuine, hence my repeating. i.e. Why did you make post #58 at all, if you completely understood my answer in post #57, which had already answered the question to both post #56 & #58 ?

Perhaps you agreed with misunderstanding my post, but disagreed with being labelled special?

Perhaps it was the duplicate posting forum bug?

Perhaps it's simply a case of an older person repeating themselves?
                      Originally posted by Old Greg
                      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                      X