Switching from contract to perm Switching from contract to perm
Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Nervous Newbie

Disordely has no reputation

Default Switching from contract to perm

Real conversation between me and a recruiter:

Recruiter: (calls me) - Hi I found you on linkedin tell me your life story and all about your experience
    Me: (complies)
    Recruiter: So are you looking for contract or perm work?
    Me: Contract only
    Recruiter: Ah, this role is perm. Would you consider perm?
    Me: Erm, not ideally but I guess it would have to be the right company, right role, and £X rate
    Recruiter: (tells me all about the company and role, confirms it is £X rate, asks my day rate on last role)
    Me: Ok great that actually sounds like a cool company and interesting role, chuck me in for it and let's see what happens. My last role was x per day (didn't lie because why would I lie)
    Recruiter: That day rate is obvs more than the perm salary, what do I say when they ask why you want to flip
    Me: Well I don't 'want' to flip, but if and when I do it would have to be the right company, right role, and £X rate. Obviously there isn't a snowflakes chance in hell of matching a contract salary to a perm salary so it is always going to have this disparity, as I said - right company right role, let's start the discussion and see whether it goes anywhere anyway.

*(2hrs later Recruiter calls back)*

Recruiter: Hey they're going to ask me why you want to go perm, tell me
    Me: (repeats what I said about it needing to be the right company etc)
    Recruiter: Ok cool

*(30mins later Recruiter calls back)*

Recruiter: Hey do you know what your last rate worked out to a year?!
    Me: Erm, yes of course I do
    Recruiter: (tells me anyway) Thats £X per year! They are going to ask me why you want to go perm!
    Me: (repeats what I said about it needing to be the right company etc, again. Reminds him that he confirmed it would be £X salary which is the top end for this role - if anybody wanted to flip it doesn't get better)
    Recruiter: Ok I'll put it to my account manager

*(20mins later)*
    Recruiter: (Emails me saying "They have enough CV's now so recruitment is on hold, thanks for your time")
    Me: (Thinks) You called me buddy!... whaddaguy..

Godlike

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Ok

Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

Fingers like lightning

GJABS - scorchio!

Unfortunately agents are not best placed to understand subtle nuances of this kind.

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

Recruiter: They are going to ask why you want to go perm.
    Answer: So I don't have to deal with recruitment agents.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Maybe they just wanted your CV?

Super poster

Zigenare - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Disordely View Post
    Real conversation between me and a recruiter:

Recruiter: (calls me) - Hi I found you on linkedin tell me your life story and all about your experience
    Me: (complies)
    Recruiter: So are you looking for contract or perm work?
    Me: Contract only
    Recruiter: Ah, this role is perm. Would you consider perm?
    Me: Erm, not ideally but I guess it would have to be the right company, right role, and £X rate
    Recruiter: (tells me all about the company and role, confirms it is £X rate, asks my day rate on last role)
    Me: Ok great that actually sounds like a cool company and interesting role, chuck me in for it and let's see what happens. My last role was x per day (didn't lie because why would I lie)
    Recruiter: That day rate is obvs more than the perm salary, what do I say when they ask why you want to flip
    Me: Well I don't 'want' to flip, but if and when I do it would have to be the right company, right role, and £X rate. Obviously there isn't a snowflakes chance in hell of matching a contract salary to a perm salary so it is always going to have this disparity, as I said - right company right role, let's start the discussion and see whether it goes anywhere anyway.

*(2hrs later Recruiter calls back)*

Recruiter: Hey they're going to ask me why you want to go perm, tell me
    Me: (repeats what I said about it needing to be the right company etc)
    Recruiter: Ok cool

*(30mins later Recruiter calls back)*

Recruiter: Hey do you know what your last rate worked out to a year?!
    Me: Erm, yes of course I do
    Recruiter: (tells me anyway) Thats £X per year! They are going to ask me why you want to go perm!
    Me: (repeats what I said about it needing to be the right company etc, again. Reminds him that he confirmed it would be £X salary which is the top end for this role - if anybody wanted to flip it doesn't get better)
    Recruiter: Ok I'll put it to my account manager

*(20mins later)*
    Recruiter: (Emails me saying "They have enough CV's now so recruitment is on hold, thanks for your time")
    Me: (Thinks) You called me buddy!... whaddaguy..
    You joined the forum to post that tulip? FFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

Super poster

quackhandle is NOT a disguised employee

That's two minutes I'm not going to get back.

The invoice is in the post.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

Fingers like lightning

TwoWolves is NOT a disguised employee

Smells to me that the client was just testing the water for staff anyway, get that a lot outside London. They have no idea how much experienced people cost and the agents lie in order to get the business.

When they come back with a CV and an "expectation" the client draws a sharp breath and goes somewhere quiet for a lie-down.

Super poster

quackhandle is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Smells to me that the client was just testing the water for staff anyway, get that a lot outside London. They have no idea how much experienced people cost and the agents lie in order to get the business.

When they come back with a CV and an "expectation" the client draws a sharp breath and goes somewhere quiet for a lie-down.
    In this case, the OP's CV never got anywhere near "the client".

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.