• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris Johnson Set to Overhaul Stamp Duty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Don't forget the no deal Brexit.

I wouldn't worry about that. That's months away. In the mean time, the gov't is going to fall in the next couple of weeks.

According to some cretin that's "very afraid".

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      I'm about to buy a new house
      Right you are, gricer.

Could you buy a new personality too?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        I wouldn't worry about that. That's months away. In the mean time, the gov't is going to fall in the next couple of weeks.

According to some cretin that's "very afraid".

General Election alert: Boris Johnson planning early election as Tories demand Farage deal

Mr Johnson’s allies are gearing up for a general election in late 2019 if he wins the Tory leadership contest. Tories close to the former Foreign Secretary declared an early vote is not his favourite option, but something that may need to happen to end the Brexit chaos. They said the country may be forced to cast an early ballot if Parliament refuses to accept a no deal Brexit. One key figure told The Times: “You will need to get the party in fighting shape as early as possible.
        No doubt your local party will be putting you on election alert very soon.

be afraid
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
          Tory leadership race: Boris Johnson will overhaul stamp duty as it causes 'huge problems' in London

I'm about to buy a new house & rent out my current place which means I'm getting hit by the 3% surcharge. I've been prepared to take this on the chin until I just read this. Looks like there'd be nothing to pay at all if I'd waited until Boris' emergency budget in September. Why do politicians have to keep f****ng around with things. You don't know where you are from one week to the next
          This in the Telegraph suggests that actually I could have dodged a bullet here.

This would be achieved by cutting stamp duty for owner occupiers and first time buyers, while increasing stamp duty and other tax for non-UK residents, second home buyers and property investors – who have been crowding out owner occupiers and first time buyers.

Comment

Working...
          X