• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris Johnson Set to Overhaul Stamp Duty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris Johnson Set to Overhaul Stamp Duty

Tory leadership race: Boris Johnson will overhaul stamp duty as it causes 'huge problems' in London

The plans would include abolishing stamp duty on homes worth less than half a million pounds
    I'm about to buy a new house & rent out my current place which means I'm getting hit by the 3% surcharge. I've been prepared to take this on the chin until I just read this. Looks like there'd be nothing to pay at all if I'd waited until Boris' emergency budget in September. Why do politicians have to keep f****ng around with things. You don't know where you are from one week to the next

Boris the Liar has done a good job to feck up real estate sales

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      You don't know where who you are from one week to the next
      FTFY....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
        FTFY....

Up until now I had assumed you had access to some vast deep image search facility (or mastery of Google Image searching) to pull all these inneresting visuals out for us, but now I realise you actually have that much spare time on your hands you create these images from templates to fit the context of the thread in which they appear.

Not a bad gig, presuming you're doing this while in contract and the client is otherwise oblivious of the time being 'misspent'.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

Up until now I had assumed you had access to some vast deep image search facility (or mastery of Google Image searching) to pull all these inneresting visuals out for us, but now I realise you actually have that much spare time on your hands you create these images from templates to fit the context of the thread in which they appear.

Not a bad gig, presuming you're doing this while in contract and the client is otherwise oblivious of the time being 'misspent'.

Some people are just that quick, used to work with a guy who could draw that quickly.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Similar issue for me, I'm just about to buy an additional property with cash, and the stamp duty inc the extra 3% is quite something.

Gonna see if I can push the completion date out until after the next budget, but most likely the whole chain is gonna fall through.

This is going to throw the property market into chaos now...

Comment

wait to avoid 3% stanmp duty, but risk 10% under Korbyn.....

If you're happy to pay 3% then just do it.

Dog tax tail wag don't the let knob. Or summat.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

This is going to throw the property market into chaos now...
                Yep, the people selling the place I'm moving to are 2nd home owners so wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to push back on completion dates now :

Comment

I would definitely change my life plans, so I could benefit from the fulfillment of Boris Johnson's promises.

Comment

Don't forget the no deal Brexit.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X