• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fake news or freedom of speech?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    So you don’t care about fake news influencing Mor Ons like yourself?
    I haven't read it so couldn't comment. I get my news from RT and ZH.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Just had a look at the website - it's hilarious. I'd read about the inappropriate touching stuff he'd done (on ZH) so this site is just putting all that (true) stuff together.

What's the problem here? It's like one of those TV ads they run trashing the opponent.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Libel laws exist for personal disinformation, that harms reputation etc.

Everything else is pretty much free speech.

For example;
        Would you censor/ban flat-earther websites/blogs ?
        Would you censor/ban anti-vaxxer websites/blogs ?

Then,
        Who decides what to ban, if this is where we're heading?
        Originally posted by Old Greg
        I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          Libel laws exist for personal disinformation, that harms reputation etc.

Everything else is pretty much free speech.

For example;
          Would you censor/ban flat-earther websites/blogs ?
          Would you censor/ban anti-vaxxer websites/blogs ?

Then,
          Who decides what to ban, if this is where we're heading?
          I think AtW was hoping this would be some kind of smoking gun for the Trump campaign being caught publishing fake news.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            I think AtW was hoping this would be some kind of smoking gun for the Trump campaign being caught publishing fake news.
            AtW needs his dose increasing too, he seems a little more distraught, than usual
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Is it ok to create fake disinfo sites like the one mentioned above?
              What is your answer?
              My answer to this (apart from WGAS) is that anyone can create any site saying whatever they want and anyone can choose what to believe or not. Free speech and all that.

Please can you provide proof that the site in question is 'disinfo'

Comment

My answer to this (apart from WGAS) is that anyone can create any site saying whatever they want and anyone can choose what to believe or not. Free speech and all that.

Please can you provide proof that the site in question is 'disinfo'
                Proof or evidence?

Comment

Just had a look at the website - it's hilarious. I'd read about the inappropriate touching stuff he'd done (on ZH) so this site is just putting all that (true) stuff together.

What's the problem here? It's like one of those TV ads they run trashing the opponent.
                  No problem at all really. You could probably put up a website of all Trump's victims. Here is another one that popped up:

Trump accused of rape
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by blasterbates View Post
                    no problem at all really. You could probably put up a website of all trump's victims. Here is another one that popped up:

trump accused of rape
                    Trigger warning!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      No problem at all really. You could probably put up a website of all Trump's victims. Here is another one that popped up:

Trump accused of rape
                      So both sides are doing it - nothing to see here!

Comment

Working...
                      X