• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fake news or freedom of speech?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
    That site is gold.

Creepy Joe 2020

It is isn't it. Especially when one of the foundations of your political campaign is #metoo
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Who cares what the extreme right think? All I care about is actions and results - Trump's foreign policy so far has been very restrained despite having to contend with the likes of MaCain and Bolton. Obama destroyed Libya, continued Iraq, created ISIS and the refugee crisis. Real numbers, real lives, children not drowning in the sea is what counts to me.

Eh you said "That's right. But that doesn't mean it's not true." - very non committal and gives you the opportunity to backtrack I know but you're still using the 'he's a wapist' argument to try and shut down the debate rather than talk about points and policy.

There isn't a shred of evidence he raped anyone either but you say that 'doesn't mean it's not true'. If you're demanding evidence of something then maybe produce some for your own assertion. Or are you going to play the 'I never said it actually happened just hinted that it might have whereas you said something absolute' card?

Yes it does frustrate me to see the democrats still following the identity politics/metoo line of attack. I'd much rather they were coming up with some better ideas and solutions.

Oh well - let them carry on I suppose. If they need another Trump situation to learn the lesson then so be it.
      I have no reason to take a view as to whether the allegation is true or not. Neither have I made an assertion one way or another. You seem to think you have magic powers or similar insight, to know that the allegation is a smear. Ironic really that you should make that statement with no evidence whatsoever.

As for a shred of evidence, there is an allegation from an alleged victim. That is absolutely evidence (or do you think that statements by alleged victims should be inadmissible as evidence?) You seem once more confused between what is evidence and what is proof. Is this because of your obsession with identity politics?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        I have no reason to take a view as to whether the allegation is true or not. Neither have I made an assertion one way or another.
        As I thought - your answer to everything. Maybe you should run for office!
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

As I thought - your answer to everything. Maybe you should run for office!
          How is that you are so sure it's a smear?

Comment

Just listened to he transcript - you're right he absolutely did do it. He made a move on her, took her furniture shopping and she turned him down.

This is why people don't take liberals seriously anymore. When your whole argument is "He's a ****ist!" and then it turns out not to be true you forfeit the argument.

They've had 3 years to come up with some good points to campaign on and they're just reverting back to the racist/#metoo thing... How very sad. They could go after him on several policy decisions, broken election promises but no...

For the record I only care about actions and results, so far there ISIS have gone, there's no war with Iran, NK and East West relations can start to thaw after that retarded Mueller investigation has been exposed as another piece of liberal patheticism.

All you warmongers who want confrontations with Iran/Russia etc - you go fight it and send your kids as well.
            The Mueller investigation was instigated by a Republican Congress and a Republican Senate. Mueller is a rightwing Republican appointed by rightwing Republicans. Many rightwing Conservatives believe in law and order which is why Trump struggles.

As for rape accusations and sexual assault. The victims are calling him a rapist. If a politician sexually assaults and rapes women, then he has to sort it out with the victims. Donald is on tape bragging about it.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              The Mueller investigation was instigated by a Republican Congress and a Republican Senate. Mueller is a rightwing Republican appointed by rightwing Republicans. Many rightwing Conservatives believe in law and order which is why Trump struggles.

As for rape accusations and sexual assault. The victims are calling him a rapist. If a politician sexually assaults and rapes women, then he has to sort it out with the victims. Donald is on tape bragging about it.
              Bragging about what? He said he aggressively pursued her and she turned him down. No rape, no assault. Furniture shopping...

I'm not trying to defend him or what he said - but let's call it what it actually is.
              Last edited by Jog On; 2 July 2019, 10:51. Reason: her not him

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                How is that you are so sure it's a smear?
                Call it a hunch - I see you want me to make some kind of absolute statement without any evidence so you can 'win' based on that. I have based my 'hunch' on the fact that it's not the first time (Stormy - Kavanagh etc), won't be the last and this is what the liberals do.

Here's a question that could set up a decent conversation for you - what policies and ideas do you think the dems should take up if they wanted to win over the hearts and minds of Trump voters this time around?

Comment

Bragging about what? He said he aggressively pursued him and she turned him down. No rape, no assault. Furniture shopping...

I'm not trying to defend him or what he said - but let's call it what it actually is.
                  It's called sexual assault.

Donald Trump Access Hollywood tape - Wikipedia

Trump described his attempt to seduce a married woman and indicated he might start kissing a woman that he and Bush were about to meet. He added, "I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    No it's not - it's called making a move on a married woman - and then later bragging about what famous men can get away with con sensually.

He didn't say that about the woman making rape allegations about him now. This is what he said about her (from the full transcript you posted earlier)

Donald J. Trump: You know and ...

Unknown: She used to be great. She’s still very beautiful.

Trump: I moved on her, actually. You know, she was down on Palm Beach. I moved on her, and I failed. I’ll admit it.

Unknown: Whoa.

Trump: I did try and f**k her. She was married.

Unknown: That’s huge news.

Trump: No, no, Nancy. No, this was [unintelligible] — and I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping.

She wanted to get some furniture. I said, “I’ll show you where they have some nice furniture.” I took her out furniture —

I moved on her like a b**ch. But I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony t*ts and everything. She’s totally changed her look.
                    The 'grab them by..' quote which everyone get's so excite about comes (as you know) later in the conversation and even that - as per the quote you just posted indicates consent:

I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."
                    Now that doesn't make any of what he said OK or acceptable. But as far as evidence of illegal rape/assault - it's not that either.

I'll ask you the same question I asked OG - What policies and ideas do you think the dems should use to win the hearts and minds of Trump voters?

Comment

Obama ... created ISIS
                      Explain, with evidence, please.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X