• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well there's a surprise...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there's a surprise...

Boeing’s 737 Max Software Outsourced to $9-an-Hour Engineers
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

One more round of cost cutting and our lives are in PC's hands.

Comment

Are you sure that's dollars, not rupees?
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

So telling and so true

With a strong dollar, a big part of the attraction was price. Engineers in India made around $5 an hour; it’s now $9 or $10, compared with $35 to $40 for those in the U.S. on an H1B visa, he said. But he’d tell clients the cheaper hourly wage equated to more like $80 because of the need for supervision, and he said his firm won back some business to fix mistakes.

Comment

I did one, small, piece of work with HCL (Not for, thank God) and I've never ever met a team of such incompetent, arrogant and useless pricks.

Comment

Suspicions arose when the cockpit voice warning system went off "...push forward the doings, the aircraft is plenty stalling."
            Last edited by Paddy; 1 July 2019, 17:59. Reason: f
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              One more round of cost cutting and our lives are in PC's hands.
              I think there's an intermediate round where PC is being PMed by suity.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                I think there's an intermediate round where PC is being PMed by suity.
                Intermediate? That's the fail safe to ground the fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Intermediate? That's the fail safe to ground the fleet.
                  When they said grounded, they meant on the ground, not in the ground.

Comment

I scrolled down...

I see Indian outsourcing (no surprise)

I scrolled down...

I see HCL

Oh for all that is even the tiniest bit holy even to an atheist. HCL. Seriously? FFS.

Comment

Working...
                    X