• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Few things about Indians (IT)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 3 lessons Oi've learned from contracting are:

Don't work for an Indian company
    Don't work fo an unsupportive tyrant
    And never work out of a portakabin

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      Yer dead right there.

AB Automotive Electronics.

Portakabin.

tuliphole.

As is usual, since I've worked there, it's shut.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
        +1 This

One of my last gigs, the only fellow contractors who got extensions were the ones who were drinking buddies with the Programme Manager and would feed his need to be out on the lash 3/4 times week.
        And not only contractors but Permies/promotions too.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post

Some cabins can be very nice - current set up has AC, showers, kitchens, mains water, power, ICT & a nurses room, a multi faith room,

But yes some can be very "basic" especially when they are stacked 3 high without the proper footings!
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
            Some cabins can be very nice - current set up has AC, showers, kitchens, mains water, power, ICT & a nurses room, a multi faith room,

But yes some can be very "basic" especially when they are stacked 3 high without the proper footings!
            Loved the AB Automotive portakabin, especially the bit where the aircon periodically pissed down the back of someone's neck.

That was always amusing.

Especially since it wasn't me.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
            X