• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Few things about Indians (IT)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndrewK View Post
    It is just a racist nonsense. Had several good Indian managers. Do not recall a single one good English.
    And I am not Indian, nor do I like outsourcers. But stuff in that article is 50% made up by some racist.
    Not Indian but your first language isn't English?

Comment

Originally posted by NCOTBAC View Post
      Not Indian but your first language isn't English?
      You know only two countries?

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewK View Post
        You know only two countries?
        Two would be an achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
          Might be a shock to some but I have found a LOT of racial discrimination towards white English IT workers in the UK from the same race mentioned in this thread. Some are quite blatant about it some very subtle but it exists in many ugly forms sadly. Best way to stamp it out is stop giving Tier2 Visas out like candy
          yep seen it close up and personal, there is plenty of caste on caste and anti white Brit racism in the Indian outsourcers

Comment

cool bikes though

Comment

Black IT worker as a contractor here....

This is a racist thread. My worst tech discrimination has come from the male, older and younger white colleagues. They were condescending and unwilling to provide any sort of meaningful assistance. Not to mention exclusionary.

The Indians I have worked with have been helpful, willing to share ideas and advice and more diverse, employ both male and female.

However, I will strongly caveat, these experiences I have had are based on a the few people I have worked with in the UK.

People are after all people, regardless of race, sex or gender. I'm not going to paint an entire race of people as one thing or the other based on a few experiences. Every behavior has a reason, good or bad.

Creating a thread to bash a minority of people because you are threatened is too far.

Comment

The thread is not racist. It is a link to an article for discussion. It was not posted to bash anyone.

I've been working with Indian outsourcers for nearly 20 years. I think the article is fairly racist, but some of the things it says definitely reflect my observations. Of course there are decent Indians, but the article is talking about the culture of the big Indian tech companies. They are not nice places, they are not run by nice people. I've talked with a few Indian coworkers, they've also described some of the strategies the article portrays.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandNewOne View Post

This is a racist thread. My worst tech discrimination has come from the male, older and younger white colleagues. They were condescending and unwilling to provide any sort of meaningful assistance. Not to mention exclusionary.

The Indians I have worked with have been helpful, willing to share ideas and advice and more diverse, employ both male and female.

However, I will strongly caveat, these experiences I have had are based on a the few people I have worked with in the UK.

People are after all people, regardless of race, sex or gender. I'm not going to paint an entire race of people as one thing or the other based on a few experiences. Every behavior has a reason, good or bad.

Creating a thread to bash a minority of people because you are threatened is too far.
                  IMHO nothing racist here, just a shared link, sorry if this upsets you, move along

Comment

Originally posted by BrandNewOne View Post

Well most of the best IT workers I ever worked with were black british & very proud to be british. Many I kept in close contact with over decades some are still even good friends. However, the level of racial discrimination they received from mainly Indian IT workers (many of these were also British) was sickening & would not be tolerated today

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      The thread is not racist. It is a link to an article for discussion. It was not posted to bash anyone.

I've been working with Indian outsourcers for nearly 20 years. I think the article is fairly racist, but some of the things it says definitely reflect my observations. Of course there are decent Indians, but the article is talking about the culture of the big Indian tech companies. They are not nice places, they are not run by nice people. I've talked with a few Indian coworkers, they've also described some of the strategies the article portrays.
                      But shared "article" is just made up nonsense. It would imply that Microsoft's Satya Nadella or Google's Sundar Pichai should be bad managers and hire only their relatives.
                      It does have some valid points, but 50% is over exaggerated and made up.

Comment

Working...
                      X