• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Few things about Indians (IT)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    The only part that is believable is the woman being last but not the caste bit.
    I had no knowledge of that system to verify if what I was told was correct.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
      +1 This

One of my last gigs, the only fellow contractors who got extensions were the ones who were drinking buddies with the Programme Manager and would feed his need to be out on the lash 3/4 times week.
      Well you shouldn't be such a shandy drinking softie then.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Its those sheep shaggers from wales I can't stand....
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Might as well be hung for a sheep as a goat, look you.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            the sais still eat them though!

Comment

Racism is real, global, and impossible to eradicate - it can only be reduced, temporarily, through cultural propaganda, but it will always come back. Birds of a feather, flock together.

That said, I think I'll change my name by deed poll to Anand Gopalakrishnan, and send a new CV to Wipro.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                Racism is real, global, and impossible to eradicate - it can only be reduced, temporarily, through cultural propaganda, but it will always come back. Birds of a feather, flock together.

That said, I think I'll change my name by deed poll to Anand Gopalakrishnan, and send a new CV to Wipro.
                that's a low caste name, you have no chance

Comment

Just received a few CVs
                  Including
                  Photo
                  Caste
                  1st star sign
                  Secondary star sign
                  Not sure what are their developing skills though, maybe the star signs could tell me
                  Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
                    Just received a few CVs
                    Including
                    Photo
                    Caste
                    1st star sign
                    Secondary star sign
                    Not sure what are their developing skills though, maybe the star signs could tell me
                    Anybody else remember the case where an Indian chap submitted his CV twice for a role, once with his real name, the other with a non Indian name?

As the non-Indian was invited to interview and the Indian CV was rejected he then sued the company concerned.

As it turns out the chap made a bit of a habit of this behaviour and obtained a few quid.

So, be careful when you're sifting through CVs...
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      Anybody else remember the case where an Indian chap submitted his CV twice for a role, once with his real name, the other with a non Indian name?

As the non-Indian was invited to interview and the Indian CV was rejected he then sued the company concerned.

As it turns out the chap made a bit of a habit of this behaviour and obtained a few quid.

So, be careful when you're sifting through CVs...
                      You'd never be caught out doing that. Unless the name was something like Goldberg.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X