• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New ERP system

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ERP system

So we are spending money like water getting loads of people on board to start looking at an SI for our new ERP system.

Looking at Capgemini, Sopra Steria and TCS

And do you know what we are going to do after wasting thousands of man hours and even more trees printing off 100 page slide decks?

That's correct we will go with the cheapest.

I cannot even....

What’s your new system?
    Many years ago I worked with a small consultancy whose business model was to wait until 6 months after certain well-known names had started projects, then to phone the client to offer more experienced people.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Any other decision will have to be justified. This choice doesn't require exposing management to the possibility of a qualitative judgement.

First signs of project failure.
      Last edited by TwoWolves; 2 July 2019, 12:29.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
        Any other decision will have to be justified. This choice doesn't require exposing management to the possibility of a qualitative judgement.

Fist signs of project failure.
        Maybe project failure was inevitable and nobody had the balls to stop the project. So may as well fail cheaply.

Comment

See if they can beat this.

How the millions multiplied

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            So we are spending money like water getting loads of people on board to start looking at an SI for our new ERP system.

Looking at Capgemini, Sopra Steria and TCS

And do you know what we are going to do after wasting thousands of man hours and even more trees printing off 100 page slide decks?

That's correct we will go with the cheapest.

I cannot even....

You might as well

This one is fooked from the start...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

TCS it is

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                See if they can beat this.

How the millions multiplied
                Gosh!

I thought it was just the UK civil service who f**ked things up to that extent.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Gosh!

I thought it was just the UK civil service who f**ked things up to that extent.
                  Well I sent them all this link.

The Government IT Self-Harm Playbook - Dan Sheldon - Medium

And then the just started to gather more requirements up front....

Comment

Working...
                  X