• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petitions: Repeal IR35 legislation proposed Private Sector rollout

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thus78 View Post
    The answer is on the url:
    "At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament"

There are a couple of million people currently working as a self-employed person in the U.K. It shouldn't be difficult to reach 100k!
    But given the canned response we have all had from MP's, and being "considered for debate" is not the same as being debated in Parliament, again what will be different?

IPSE claimed to represent 4.8 million Self Employed, but very few of them will care about this (other than those who are already engaged, not saying all Self Employed won't care)
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

"At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament"

There are a couple of million people currently working as a self-employed person in the U.K. It shouldn't be difficult to reach 100k!
      But not one has gotten anywhere near that and just look at the response on the two I linked. It's as SimonMac says, standard blurb.

You've got to be slightly deluded to think it'll get to 100k and if it did there will be any meaningful debate bearing in mind their plans are so far on.

I've also got an issue of how poorly worded these petitions are which don't really make good grounds for debate. I can't see them being taken very seriously even if it did get there. Not sure who's going to lead a debate on how 'unfair' it is for us. IMO this and the second one I linked make us look pretty bad if anything.

Comment

1. Will be considered
        2. For debate

Comment

Repeal IR35 legislation in Public Sector and proposed Private Sector rollout.

Hi all,

Not sure if you all seen this but trying get this out to all contractors to sign.

Repeal IR35 legislation in Public Sector and proposed Private Sector rollout. - Petitions

Many thanks.

Robbie

Comment

Well you obviously didn’t see the first thread so I’ll just put it here.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

17,810 votes! We still have highly enough time till December. Every time when I meet / chat with one of my friends I share the petition url and ask them to sign it. We are all in the same boat guys; 100k is not impossible. Please do the same and share this url with the people around you.

Comment

Very much doubt it will get to 100k.

If it did then they won’t debate it. There is no need to debate a poorly put together petition.

Especially as the public sector rollout is considered a resounding success by HMRC.

Comment

How many of the millions are affected by IR35? How many even know about it?

Construction is the biggest sector and they have the CIS to cover their stuff so it's irrelevant. Creative industries are huge and they are generally unaffected because of the way they work and the things they do.

100k you need about 40% of the IT market to sign it. Where are you going to get the traction to get the awareness, let alone the inclination to sign it?

And even if it hits 100k (and it won't get close), you need some decent MPs to take part in the Westminster Hall debate, and government to listen to it. Jesse Norman might rock up to say he's heard it, nothing more than that.
                  I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

17,810 votes! We still have highly enough time till December. Every time when I meet / chat with one of my friends I share the petition url and ask them to sign it. We are all in the same boat guys; 100k is not impossible. Please do the same and share this url with the people around you.
                    Just signed.

ill stick a link on LinkedIN later and contractor Facebook groups
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

If if someone can put some simple copy together explaining what it is and how it could affect self employed people with multiple clients & how much more they’d pay than everyone else I’m convinced you could get traction with this
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X