• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petitions: Repeal IR35 legislation proposed Private Sector rollout

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petitions: Repeal IR35 legislation proposed Private Sector rollout

No need to discuss or explain IR35 private sector thread. If you are a contractor please sign the following:
    Repeal IR35 legislation in Public Sector and proposed Private Sector rollout. - Petitions

I would normally roll my eyes at the hopelessness of such a petition but with the prospect of a Johnson premiership with added desperation to warm the economy in any way possible it could stand a chance this time.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
      I would normally roll my eyes at the hopelessness of such a petition but with the prospect of a Johnson premiership with added desperation to warm the economy in any way possible it could stand a chance this time.
      No chance!

Freelance workers and contractors have been treated unfairly by this ill conceived legislation since it's conception. It has been incorrectly used to investigate and prosecute many hardworking self employed business owners striving to be successful in today's world. IR35 is anti-business!
      Since when has "unfair" been a factor in changing laws, in particular, tax laws?
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

More or less the same as this petition which didn't go anywhere either.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...inst-ir35.html

Comments in that thread very much apply to this one as well.

At least the OP in that one managed to post it in the right part of the forum.
        Last edited by NCOTBAC; 2 July 2019, 23:52.

Comment

I don't think fairness will come into it.

His administration will be desperate to push any warmth into the private sector economy it can, faced with the hard-Brexit squeeze. It's an opportunity - for us.

Comment

Oh. And this actually petition has been posted on here before, with less than glowing feedback again.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...r-rollout.html

Comment

How about a petition in favour of a law giving free pardons to all crimes committed by Etonians and ex Etonians?
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                I don't think fairness will come into it.

His administration will be desperate to push any warmth into the private sector economy it can, faced with the hard-Brexit squeeze. It's an opportunity - for us.
                More likely to help us is if Bojo realises there might be 1m votes in it at a GE.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  More likely to help us is if Bojo realises there might be 1m votes in it at a GE.

And there is even more votes (a lot more) if he promises to repeal income tax for all.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

And there is even more votes (a lot more) if he promises to repeal income tax for all.
                    Income Tax was a temporary measure introduced in the Napoleonic Wars.

Comment

Working...
                    X