• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

one for our wayward fathers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Truth is a very tricky thing.

It is quite possible to be a really good step parent. In fact, sometimes being a bit removed genetically is good.

Lets say that the ex wife does not want him to have a relationship with the child(which I assume the article does not say). Then it becomes very different.

I hope he carries on seeing the child.
    Couple of friends of mine are excellent step fathers, however it has to be based on truth, It does seem this was all based on a lie.

I did once date a lady with a 3 year old, I realised she wasn't quite what I needed (she was very pleasant) , if she had been more like my future wife I would have probably become a step dad.

That however is different from marrying someone and thinking you have a happy family for your wife to reveal 9 years down the line its all a lie.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I feel very sorry for the child in this. I have not read the story(its the wail)
      Me too, but in the end if the woman knew the child was not his then it's entirely her fault, and he is quite justified for seeking recompense for being tricked into raising a cuckoo in his nest!

.. but I would hope the man would see that being a father is not just biological but about the relationship too.
      That would be all very well if he had known the true nature of the relationship, for example if he had married the woman in the knowledge the kid was hers from a previous marriage.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
      X