• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'If Korea can have a military parade, why can't we?'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you just do what Kim does - send everyone round twice or three times to make your army look bigger....

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
      Don't we already have military parades, for the RAF at least, in the form of airshows?
      So Trooping of the Colour?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        The annual Fourth of July celebrations will be a bit different this year. There will be a speech by President Donald Trump, military flyovers and tanks.
        Hopefully, he'll have the decency to dress appropriately for the occasion....

Comment

I smell a rat.

This looks like a calculated show of power for someone's benefit rather than an indulgence, sometimes the only way to communicate with people in the developing world is to speak in terms they readily grasp.

Comment

Do 2 parked tanks and 2 parked armoured personnel carriers qualify as a parade?

Maybe his presidential smartdevice can't access the tube of you.....

This is what you call a military parade.......

The chiefs microphones look like they were done by Trumps stylist.....

And hes got a knock-off Jeep.....

Comment

When the Iranians see a small number of tanks parading in Washington, they'll cave.
              Last edited by BlasterBates; 4 July 2019, 18:07.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                True.

I've been reading about it. Turns out it is a military parade put on by the President in honour of the nation's military. I think it's a great idea, though predictably the left don't like the idea of it.

Salute to America - Wikipedia
                It's somewhat more complicated than that. I suspect there is a divide between, on one hand, the English speaking world, which historically has had an aversion to a large standing army and militaristic trappings, and on the other hand the continental European culture which has accepted the standing army. American exceptionalism can make these differences less clear cut, but this may be the background against which Trump's parade is taking place.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Well you just do what Kim does - send everyone round twice or three times to make your army look bigger....
                  So will Trump be wearing oversized gloves?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    It's somewhat more complicated than that. I suspect there is a divide between, on one hand, the English speaking world, which historically has had an aversion to a large standing army and militaristic trappings, and on the other hand the continental European culture which has accepted the standing army. American exceptionalism can make these differences less clear cut, but this may be the background against which Trump's parade is taking place.
                    You mean like Trooping of the Colour?

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    So will Trump be wearing oversized gloves?
                    No, smaller tighter ones so when he runs his hand down the turret of his ABraaaaaaaaaams tank it'll look like a HUGE weapon........

Comment

Originally posted by MEMEME69 View Post
                      You mean like Trooping of the Colour?

No, smaller tighter ones so when he runs his hand down the turret of his ABraaaaaaaaaams tank it'll look like a HUGE weapon........
                      Do you not think the Trooping of the Colour is somewhat different in size and scale? It is a demonstration of tradition not of military power, as evidenced by the lack of heavy military hardware.

Comment

Working...
                      X