• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should we stop washing our clothes?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should we stop washing our clothes?

Is Stella McCartney right - should we stop washing our clothes? - BBC News

I have often thought that maybe one shoew throw clothes against the wall and only wash them if they stick.

Or maybe wait until they crawl into the machine by themselves.

Ok - so

things which get washed after 1 use

socks
    undercrackers
    t-shirts
    work shirts
    any sports kit

in fact anything which is next to me body will get washed after 1 use

only exception seems to be trousers which do get more than 1 day's wear even though they touch my legs - I guess it's because my legs do not sweat that much

I mean I've had the same jeans on for 4 days now.

Comment

Some of the guys I work with around here are well ahead of the game...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

MF gave up a while ago but, TBF, you can’t fit a marquee in a washing machine.

Comment

Need some genetic engineering so we grow fur and lick ourselves clean like cats do.

Seriously, clothes do release a hell of a lot of particles - have to remove a big pile of fluff every time from the filter on the tumble dryer. Probably at least as much goes out with the water.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

These people need to take their religion to China and convert them.

Someone once said to a bunch of rule-making religionists, 'Ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God.' The current bunch is cut out of the same cloth. They want to micro-manage every bit of our lives but ignore the big things in their belief system. China is by far the worst polluter in the world.

Stella could wash her clothes three times a day and it would cause less pollution than her flights around the world cause.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Ok - so

things which get washed after 1 use

socks
              undercrackers
              t-shirts
              work shirts
              any sports kit

in fact anything which is next to me body will get washed after 1 use

only exception seems to be trousers which do get more than 1 day's wear even though they touch my legs - I guess it's because my legs do not sweat that much

I mean I've had the same jeans on for 4 days now.

I use them once and then sell them at a premium online.
              oxo with Sunday lunch

Comment

Complete waste of time.

Is China returning to coal-fired power? | E&ampT Magazine

Comment

Back in the day, long long ago, when one bath a week was the norm, one could purchase shirts with detachable collars & cuffs.

This enabled the shirt to be worn for the entire week, whilst the collars & cuffs were changed daily.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Back in the day, long long ago, when one bath a week was the norm, one could purchase shirts with detachable collars & cuffs.

This enabled the shirt to be worn for the entire week, whilst the collars & cuffs were changed daily.
                    Which was when it became important that the collar and cuffs matched.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X