• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

that famous swiss precision

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that famous swiss precision

Patrouille Suisse: Fighter jet display team fly-by misses town - BBC News

At least it was not a bombing raid like the USA getting Kosova in the Balkans confused with Kotulipa in the Slovak Republic.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

the precision of the Swiss railway system is often lauded, but my cousin, who is an ex railway man, reckons that more trains pass through Clapham Junction alone on a daily basis, than travel on the whole of their railway system.

Anyway, it's a fabulous country.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        At least it was not a bombing raid like the USA getting Kosova in the Balkans confused with Kotulipa in the Slovak Republic.
        Or when the USA "accidentally" bombed the Chinese Embassey?

Comment

Quite. I guess we’re not all perfect.

Imber friendly fire incident - Wikipedia

Comment

They were only about 4 miles off. I was walking in that area last week. Beautiful countryside.

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
            the precision of the Swiss railway system is often lauded
            Engineered by the British. But it's getting awfully close to capacity on some routes.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              They were only about 4 miles off. I was walking in that area last week. Beautiful countryside.

Engineered by the British. But it's getting awfully close to capacity on some routes.
              yes, we led the World at one time.

Comment

yes, we led the World at one time.
                Indeed we did. YouTube

Comment

the precision of the Swiss railway system is often lauded, but my cousin, who is an ex railway man, reckons that more trains pass through Clapham Junction alone on a daily basis, than travel on the whole of their railway system.

Anyway, it's a fabulous country.
                  Not sure that's really true, Zurich HB is probably the busiest station in Europe.

I do agree with NotAllThere's comment about getting close to capacity though.

Comment

WTF is this got to do with feckin railways??
                    is JtB going to take over every thread with his incessant drivel??

Comment

Working...
                    X