• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is appropriate to wear on a plane?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    According to the linked article, the question is whether it would have happened to a white woman. Or someone who thought they looked awesome and didn't require validation from cabin crew.
    I was just setting someone up to take the piss out of mf.

Comment

Loose clothing until you board, then BA pyjamas for the journey. Change back before landing.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Loose clothing until you board, then BA pyjamas for the journey. Change back before landing.
        ....unless you're MF, and have to fly economy now....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
          ....unless you're MF, and have to fly economy now....

They need to buy bigger bags.

Comment

According to the linked article, the question is whether it would have happened to a white woman. Or someone who thought they looked awesome and didn't require validation from cabin crew.
            Ahhh, the race card! I was wondering when that would be played.

Surely it's every woman's right to look like she turns tricks on the corner of Beverley and Wiltshire!

To be fair, it probably costs a lot of money to look that cheap.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              I was wondering when that would be played.
              Really? It's in the article linked to on the first post. She complains that it wouldn't have happened to a white woman, and that she felt body shamed.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Really? It's in the article linked to on the first post. She complains that it wouldn't have happened to a white woman, and that she felt body shamed.
                And she has what evidence that it would not have happened to a person of a different race? was there a person of a different race on that same flight wearing similar that did not get asked to cover up?

Possibly it is body shaming but back in one place I worked there was a rather 'cuddly' lady - but in summer you had to hope she would wear pants as if she wore a skirts you could smell her clunge from 5 feet away.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  I thought they stopped that? Am flying SWISS today and I believe we get PJs for the long haul leg.

For boarding I am wearing a silk LK Bennett skirt and a Next cotton t-shirt. I have just dropped chickpeas on the skirt while in The T2 Senator Lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I thought they stopped that? Am flying SWISS today and I believe we get PJs for the long haul leg.

For boarding I am wearing a silk LK Bennett skirt and a Next cotton t-shirt. I have just dropped chickpeas on the skirt while in The T2 Senator Lounge.
                    No undies again?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      No undies again?
                      Your ban finally finished then?

Comment

Working...
                      X