• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is appropriate to fear on a plane?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snakes.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      You should have a chat with GE and RR, see what they make of your fairy tale.
      Popper would have been onto something if he had talked about turbine blades rather than compressor blades.

I once worked on GANDALF. General Algorithm for the Numerical Determination of Aerofoil Life and Fatigue.

Comment

If there's a guy who looks like Liam Neeson boarding then run away very quickly.

You'll either end up eaten by wolves or shot by some lunatic terrorist.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          High pressure compressor blades. Individually they take the strain of a double decker bus whilst operating at extreme temperatures. When they fail the released fragments go through the fuselage like butter. And anything else in the way. A slight vibration will be felt prior to release on the side of whichever engine.
          Little bit dramatic, eh Scooter, given that the engine is designed and tested specifically to contain blade failures? Stating it like that as a fact implies that's what happens when they fail, which isn't really true now.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            Little bit dramatic, eh Scooter, given that the engine is designed and tested specifically to contain blade failures? Stating it like that as a fact implies that's what happens when they fail, which isn't really true now.
            Lets make the engine casing out of the stuff that surrounds the black box! Well orange box.....

Comment

only pussies are scared of flying....
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                only pussies are scared of flying....
                Logically there is more to fear from the Glastonbury toilets.....

Comment

Bed bugs in first/business aren't pleasant

Running out of champagne

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Right up to the point when I tell them I have a list of airlines I don't fly with. Mr popular in no time me is.
                    This is a first for me, go easy..but im going to ask Scoots to expand on his answer. Which airlines?

God, i feel so dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      This is a first for me, go easy..but im going to ask Scoots to expand on his answer. Which airlines?

God, i feel so dirty.
                      Those that don't accept bitcoin?

Comment

Working...
                      X