• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is appropriate to fear on a plane?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    I never get scared when I'm airborne
    wasn't it Spike Milligan who said he wasn't scared of flying, only crashing?

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
      wasn't it Spike Milligan who said he wasn't scared of flying, only crashing?
      Which is ironic really as he was a keen microlight flyer and could often be found "buzzing" fans that camped outside his house.

Unfortunately, he was banned in 1980 for attempting to fly to his local Tescos and land on the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

Unfortunately, he was banned in 1980 for attempting to fly to his local Tescos and land on the roof.
        Please say that's true! It totally ties in with all my memories and impressions of him.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Please say that's true! It totally ties in with all my memories and impressions of him.
          not true. - it was waitrose

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            might have been Sainsburys.

Apologies, it's just made up, probably.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              not true. - it was waitrose
              Damn it you got in before me.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                You should have a chat with GE and RR, see what they make of your fairy tale.
                What makes you think this is not already my client?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Popper would have been onto something if he had talked about turbine blades rather than compressor blades.

I once worked on GANDALF. General Algorithm for the Numerical Determination of Aerofoil Life and Fatigue.

Will sometimes I've working with power companies who use gas turbines for power generation and other in aircraft. HPCB was what I meant in my original waffel.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Will sometimes I've working with power companies who use gas turbines for power generation and other in aircraft. HPCB was what I meant in my original waffel.
                    More bulltulip.

Admit it, you've been caught out again.

What makes you think that others on here haven't worked in those industries and know enough to detect your crap!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                      Little bit dramatic, eh Scooter, given that the engine is designed and tested specifically to contain blade failures? Stating it like that as a fact implies that's what happens when they fail, which isn't really true now.
                      Incorrect. Fan blades are a requirement to be contained. High pressure compressor blades or the disc (the part that secures the HPT blades), when that cracks and particles are released, nothing it stopping it. Nothing. Way too much energy for a passive barrier to contain.

Comment

Working...
                      X