• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is appropriate to fear on a plane?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    This is a first for me, go easy..but im going to ask Scoots to expand on his answer. Which airlines?

God, i feel so dirty.
    Funny you should mentioned dirt. Anyway I'm bound by an NDA.

Suffice to say, far east companies.... my god. How they don't go down more often is a testament to the engineering.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      More bulltulip.

Admit it, you've been caught out again.

What makes you think that others on here haven't worked in those industries and know enough to detect your crap!
      My invoices. If there were than the handful that do this detective work (we actually know each other) throughout the EU would be out of a job.

I don't chase clients, clients come to us
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Bed bugs in first/business aren't pleasant

Running out of champagne

Talk about first world problems. You need to sip rather than guzzle

What about being on an airline that doesn't serve alcohol at all? For 6 bloody hours...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Talk about first world problems. You need to sip rather than guzzle

What about being on an airline that doesn't serve alcohol at all? For 6 bloody hours...
          Egypt Air to Luxor/ from Cairo. Been there, done that!

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            Little bit dramatic, eh Scooter, given that the engine is designed and tested specifically to contain blade failures? Stating it like that as a fact implies that's what happens when they fail, which isn't really true now.

spooter talking crap? Shocked! I'm shocked I tell you!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              What makes you think this is not already my client?

Roger Rabbit left the forum and Rolls Royce employ experts.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                RogerRabbit left the forum and Rolls Royce employ experts.
                Whatever happened to him? Did his Russian bird murder him and bury the evidence?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Egypt Air to Luxor/ from Cairo. Been there, done that!
                  I did the reverse (to Cairo, from Luxor). (One or three beers would have been nice)...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I used to get terrified flying in the Middle East when all the Arabs would be yabbering into their mobiles whilst hurtling down the runway.

Seems all those fears were unfounded, after all.

Comment

My son's an air traffic controller. Aging air traffic technology is what you need to worry about.

A friend who's a retired 747 pilot always says that take-offs are more dangerous because there's not enough altitude. Landings are much safer because the one thing you can be sure about is coming down!
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X