What is appropriate to fear on a plane? What is appropriate to fear on a plane?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 41

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Default What is appropriate to fear on a plane?

Everything!

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

High pressure compressor blades. Individually they take the strain of a double decker bus whilst operating at extreme temperatures. When they fail the released fragments go through the fuselage like butter. And anything else in the way. A slight vibration will be felt prior to release on the side of whichever engine.

Personally a duel in-flight shutdown on the take off phase of the flight cycle is the great fear for me. The kiss of death really. No airspeed, no altitude, and you're heading to the ground with tonnes of fuel. On occasion I'll identify the likely risk of a duel in light shutdown of both engines when a certain failure mode becomes activated by chance and I'm asked to study it. If further events are predicted, I'll ground the aircraft within 12 hours of realising.

Anyway - happy flying.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    High pressure compressor blades. Individually they take the strain of a double decker bus whilst operating at extreme temperatures. When they fail the released fragments go through the fuselage like butter. And anything else in the way. A slight vibration will be felt prior to release on the side of whichever engine.

Personally a duel in-flight shutdown on the take off phase of the flight cycle is the great fear for me. The kiss of death really. No airspeed, no altitude, and you're heading to the ground with tonnes of fuel. On occasion I'll identify the likely risk of a duel in light shutdown of both engines when a certain failure mode becomes activated by chance and I'm asked to study it. If further events are predicted, I'll ground the aircraft within 12 hours of realising.

Anyway - happy flying.
    I bet you're great at parties.
    Three-and-a-half years, two extensions, seven defections, 21 deselections, three prime ministers, countless amendments, two prorogations, one Supreme Court judgement, 66 million Brits losing the will to live and were still at square one...

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Default What is appropriate to fear on a plane?

Following through (hasn’t happened yet)
    Strong and Stable Moderation

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I bet you're great at parties.
    Right up to the point when I tell them I have a list of airlines I don't fly with. Mr popular in no time me is.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

More fingers than teeth

greenlake has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    What is appropriate to fear on a plane?

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

The Thistle Hotel shuttle bus.
    FTFY
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Right up to the point when I tell them I have a list of airlines I'm banned from
    FTFY
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Fingers like lightning

GJABS - scorchio!

I never get scared when I'm airborne

Super poster

Zigenare - scorchio!

Anyway - happy flying.
    You should have a chat with GE and RR, see what they make of your fairy tale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.