• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fraudulent Transaction with Debit Card

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    what is the nature of your emergency????
    Sexy squirrel stuck up tree, very frustrating....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      According to the bank I'm covered and I'll get it back but while the transaction is still pending (as it was when I went onto online banking today) they wont do anything; have to wait for the money to leave my account and then it could take a few weeks.
      So, just like last time then? Inneresting....

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
      Anyhow, I just rang the bank and they were very helpful. Once 15 days has elapsed since the money was debited from my account they can dispute the transaction and claim the money back from the supplier (or his bank).

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
        So, just like last time then? Inneresting....
        To be honest, the amount of time you spend trawling through all the posts on this site in your self appointed role as Sockie Finder General shows that you're the twat with too much time on your hands. And you're wrong there, by the way.

Comment

To be honest, the amount of time you spend trawling through all the posts on this site in your self appointed role as Sockie Finder General shows that you're the twat with too much time on your hands. And you're wrong there, by the way.
          The fact you say Sockie Finder General in itself means you've been on this site a long time.

Comment

Yes I have had this happen. How? I have no idea.

Apparently my bank saw fit to enquire whether I was truly withdrawing cash in Thailand at the same as filling my car up at a petrol station in Surrey. Sadly, I was in Surrey.

There is no point trying to work out how your card details were obtained. Your bank should cancel your card and reissue with a new number as soon as you report it being compromised.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Yes I have had this happen. How? I have no idea.

Apparently my bank saw fit to enquire whether I was truly withdrawing cash in Thailand at the same as filling my car up at a petrol station in Surrey. Sadly, I was in Surrey.

There is no point trying to work out how your card details were obtained. Your bank should cancel your card and reissue with a new number as soon as you report it being compromised.
              Well, there is because I dont want it happening again. I can only think it was from a phone transaction. Back to cash on delivery for me I think.

Comment

Comment

The gricer sockie aspires to being a mere penis head.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Sexy squirrel showing some taste and declining his advances, very frustrating....
                    FTFY
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

the card payment was to Ryan Air, the fraudster must have a very big family.
                      So the fraud squad will be waiting for them to check in at the airport?
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X