• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fraudulent Transaction with Debit Card

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fraudulent Transaction with Debit Card

Anyone had this happen to them?

Just happened to me. Wont say how much but given that the card payment was to Ryan Air, the fraudster must have a very big family.

Have had quite a bit of wedge in there this week to fund exchange of contracts on a house so timing couldn't be worse. Normally I only have enough to last me the month for this very reason.

Given that I only use secure sites, I can't work out how someone have got my card details. Is reading out your card details over the phone to the local oil merchants, or whatever, really secure? We all do it but how can we trust the person on the other end of the phone to be reputable?

Not with a debit card, but for anything "long distance" (i.e. I'm not there) I use a credit card. If you are defrauded using a debit card, refunds are at the banks discretion, but you generally have to play hardball* to get anywhere. Best of luck.

*Using the media may help. Try the Saturday money columns in most of the newspapers.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

This is my take on the situation.

Firstly, I think you are probably a sockie, and a persistent one at that, secondly, this so called card fraud is just a means to engage others into a pointless and meaningless discourse.

So my advice is, to seek help with your social and mental issues.

HTH BISDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Firstly, I think you are probably a sockie, and a persistent one at that, secondly, this so called card fraud is just a means to engage others into a pointless and meaningless discourse.

HTH BISDI
        I thought his post was inneresting
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          I thought his post was inneresting
          I thought he'd just ask Malc what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Not with a debit card, but for anything "long distance" (i.e. I'm not there) I use a credit card. If you are defrauded using a debit card, refunds are at the banks discretion, but you generally have to play hardball* to get anywhere. Best of luck.

*Using the media may help. Try the Saturday money columns in most of the newspapers.
            According to the bank I'm covered and I'll get it back but while the transaction is still pending (as it was when I went onto online banking today) they wont do anything; have to wait for the money to leave my account and then it could take a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

HTH BISDI
              "probably"

The real person behind the gricer cretin is "probably" a non-human primate.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                According to the bank I'm covered and I'll get it back but while the transaction is still pending (as it was when I went onto online banking today) they wont do anything; have to wait for the money to leave my account and then it could take a few weeks.
                Glad it has worked out for you, please post again soon.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    what is the nature of your emergency????

Comment

Working...
                    X