• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alt-Right Threat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    So the BBC's well written argument is the 'alt-right' are is using online resources so there is an terrifying increase in right wing activities?

Did you miss the videos of the bombers & Jihadi John on there? hell even Albanian gangsters are making recruiting videos. Nutters everywhere are using social media to promote their cause. If you look carefully you can probably find some pervert supporters like you.

Dam if your brains were tnt, smoke wouldn't even come out of your ears.
    And are ISIS, etc not just other alt-right organisations?
    Teaching people to hate anyone different to them
    Teaching them to fear others.

Jihadi John, Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, Stephen Yaxley-Lennon... recruit people through your populist videos where you portray yourself as a victim and the others as evil. Make a load of money, spread fear and hatred.
    What’s the difference?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I quite like Jordan Peterson. It's a shame that so many toerags associate with him though.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I quite like Jordan Peterson. It's a shame that so many toerags associate with him though.
        The cricket player?

Comment

Oh, the ironing!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Yeah he seems ok, not sure why he is included on the list of shame. I don't agree with everything he says but at least he has thought about it and presents it well.

I don't know much about the others.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Yeah he seems ok, not sure why he is included on the list of shame. I don't agree with everything he says but at least he has thought about it and presents it well.

Some of his ideas come across as OK, and some, such as the idea that lobster DNA explains why women should be paid less than men, are, um, inneresting. He gets a lot of his work published in Briebart-level outlets, the kind of places where the headline is "It's political correctness gone mad".

His appeal, I guess, is to insecure males who long for the days of "A woman's place is in the kitchen"
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Some of his ideas come across as OK, and some, such as the idea that lobster DNA explains why women should be paid less than men, are, um, inneresting. He gets a lot of his work published in Briebart-level outlets, the kind of places where the headline is "It's political correctness gone mad".

His appeal, I guess, is to insecure males who long for the days of "A woman's place is in the kitchen"
                you clearly haven't listen to very much of what he says

he approaches topics from a clinical psychologists perspective, on the gender pay gap he argues that the pay gap isn't down to discrimination but moreso choices people make about their careers, and the choices we make are in a large part determined by our innate biological and psychological make up

Comment

I believe the logic is along the lines of:
                  Bastards tend to get paid more than decent people.
                  There is a higher rate of bastards among men than among women.
                  Ergo, men will generally get paid more than women for the same job.

We've all heard that CEOs display psychopathic behaviour. There are few psychopathic women than men. Ergo, fewer women will be CEOs.

That's not to say this can't be changed, but it'll mean stopping rewarding psychopaths and bastards. Which is tricky, since their the type that rule the world.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Your last sentence is a bit sad. It's part of the whole thing of discrediting the opinion of someone else because you don't agree with it. I hate that kind of thing. If I was to argue against some of his opinions I would look at the religious take he has on things, some of the questions he poses about women and sexuality in the workplace.

I have no doubt that there are many men and women that find his book useful, it promotes personal responsibility and standing on your feet. It also seems to promote valuing yourself and what you have to offer the world. It's not really "a womans place is in the kitchen". I think as he said the fact that many men are coming up to him and thanking him for this advice is more of a sad indictment of our society.

Comment

I quite like Jordan Peterson. .
                      His defence during an argument is always a treat to watch.

And if you hear this message you'll never post on cUK again.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X