• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alt-Right Threat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I have no idea what alt-right is, white nationalist or something? Is this an american thing?

So are you saying people that say "I'm not raciest" are alt-right sympathisers?

What are you saying?
    I think "alt-right" is some sort of code for "fascist", or to put it another way, anyone who disagrees with him...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      What I find interesting about this story, is the language that is coming out of the Alt-Right movement. You see this so often now online, often used by people who claim "I'm not racist" or "I don't support [insert right wing racist]" yet they use the exact same language as them.

We see it on here quite frequently with the obvious 'characters'.

Inneresting eh?

Is there a growing far-right threat online? - BBC News
      Didn't /doesn't the religion of peace publish some unsavoury stuff as well?

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
        the only ones who call themselves alt-right these days are the white ethno-nationalists in the US, the likes of Richard Spencer and Jarrod Taylor, the reality is they have a very small following (just look at their social media numbers), Alt-right is used as a slur to de-legitimise anyone with a right of centre opinion
        You've just made yourself alt-right. Welcome to the club and Whorty's list. See you in the re-education camp!
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

A typical anti-nationalistic article from the BBC. Nothing new. There is no attempt to address publicly the causes of the rise of the far right, because they know the causes are what the liberal establishment want to keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Alternatively, you could start making sense. Oh and I don't come to general to think for myself.
            i don't come to general to start making sense. FFS, this is General. You want sense, and a balanced argument, you need to go to the professional threads .... maybe
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              Why did you start this thread?
              Because I can. And because it's a valid news story, that we can see evidence of on forums like this.

Next ....

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                You are the 13th Duke of Wymbourne and I claim my bottle of champers.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
                  Didn't /doesn't the religion of peace publish some unsavoury stuff as well?
                  Which "religion of peace" would that be then? Personally I don't see any of the religions as peaceful, neither now or over the course of history. Religions by their very nature are cultist, brainwashing those who find it hard to think for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    You've just made yourself alt-right. Welcome to the club and Whorty's list. See you in the re-education camp!
                    Aahh, didums .... does someone have a little victim complex? Poor little boy.

FFS, MTFU you numpty.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                      A typical anti-nationalistic article from the BBC. Nothing new. There is no attempt to address publicly the causes of the rise of the far right, because they know the causes are what the liberal establishment want to keep going.
                      Typical response from someone who rejects the article, blaming the BBC for everything

Comment

Working...
                      X