• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should colored people go home?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Somalia as a country is not broken.

What is broken is that for years it has been a hive of corruption, crime and violence.

And that is down to the people not the country.
    Somalia was Ok until colonial powers got involved in the early 20th century (guess who that might be? )

Of course, when we give it back the old powers are no more, the power vacuum causes splits and the extremists look to exploit this.

Another great job by the colonial Brits (and in this case the Italians too).

Want to pick another country? Maybe one we didn't destabilise?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Only if you weren't born in Britain. Specifically, Yorkshire.
      *cough* Yorkie.

Comment

"On 1 July 1960, the two territories united to form the Somali Republic, albeit within boundaries drawn up by Italy and Britain.[87][88] A government was formed by Abdullahi Issa Mohamud and Muhammad Haji Ibrahim Egal and other members of the trusteeship and protectorate governments, with the Speaker of the Somali Union Act Haji Bashir Ismail Yusuf as President of the Somali National Assembly, Aden Abdullah Osman Daar as President of Somali Republic, and Abdirashid Ali Shermarke as Prime Minister (later to become President from 1967 to 1969). On 20 July 1961 and through a popular referendum, the people of Somalia ratified a new constitution, which was first drafted in 1960.[89] In 1967, Muhammad Haji Ibrahim Egal became Prime Minister, a position to which he was appointed by Shermarke. Egal would later become the President of the autonomous Somaliland region in northwestern Somalia.

On 15 October 1969, while paying a visit to the northern town of Las Anod, Somalia's then President Abdirashid Ali Shermarke was shot dead by one of his own bodyguards. His assassination was quickly followed by a military coup d'état on 21 October 1969 (the day after his funeral), in which the Somali Army seized power without encountering armed opposition – essentially a bloodless takeover. The putsch was spearheaded by Major General Mohamed Siad Barre, who at the time commanded the army.[90]"

We gave it back in 1960 -- in 1969 the president was killed by one of his own bodyguards.

Can you explain what the fook that has to do with the UK and a power vacuum?

Effectively it took them ten years to go back to savagery.

But yeah that's all down to the british - and the Italians I guess if you read the wiki page.

But it was fooking 60 years ago now and it looks like it has been going backwards for the past 60 years every since we stopped stopping them from chucking spears at each other.

So the country is not broken the people are.

But feel free to blame the white man for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Somalia was Ok until colonial powers got involved in the early 20th century (guess who that might be? )

Of course, when we give it back the old powers are no more, the power vacuum causes splits and the extremists look to exploit this.

Another great job by the colonial Brits (and in this case the Italians too).

Want to pick another country? Maybe one we didn't destabilise?
          Of course its always the fault of the British.

They are the equivalent of a man in marriage.

Comment

"On 1 July 1960, the two territories united to form the Somali Republic, albeit within boundaries drawn up by Italy and Britain.[87][88] A government was formed by Abdullahi Issa Mohamud and Muhammad Haji Ibrahim Egal and other members of the trusteeship and protectorate governments, with the Speaker of the Somali Union Act Haji Bashir Ismail Yusuf as President of the Somali National Assembly, Aden Abdullah Osman Daar as President of Somali Republic, and Abdirashid Ali Shermarke as Prime Minister (later to become President from 1967 to 1969). On 20 July 1961 and through a popular referendum, the people of Somalia ratified a new constitution, which was first drafted in 1960.[89] In 1967, Muhammad Haji Ibrahim Egal became Prime Minister, a position to which he was appointed by Shermarke. Egal would later become the President of the autonomous Somaliland region in northwestern Somalia.

On 15 October 1969, while paying a visit to the northern town of Las Anod, Somalia's then President Abdirashid Ali Shermarke was shot dead by one of his own bodyguards. His assassination was quickly followed by a military coup d'état on 21 October 1969 (the day after his funeral), in which the Somali Army seized power without encountering armed opposition – essentially a bloodless takeover. The putsch was spearheaded by Major General Mohamed Siad Barre, who at the time commanded the army.[90]"

We gave it back in 1960 -- in 1969 the president was killed by one of his own bodyguards.

Can you explain what the fook that has to do with the UK and a power vacuum?

Effectively it took them ten years to go back to savagery.

But yeah that's all down to the british - and the Italians I guess if you read the wiki page.

But it was fooking 60 years ago now and it looks like it has been going backwards for the past 60 years every since we stopped stopping them from chucking spears at each other.

So the country is not broken the people are.

But feel free to blame the white man for everything.
            ha ha, just the answer I expected from the ignorant

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Of course its always the fault of the British.

They are the equivalent of a man in marriage.
              Not entirely our fault, but when you take out the establishment as we did in 1920, then hand it back 40 years later with effectively a power vacuum, what do we expect? We've done this time and again through history, and we're still doing in (Libya, our failed attempt in Syria, Iraq).

We could do more to help these countries, but then the right wing start to complain that we're spending money abroad instead of giving it to our NHS, Chelsea Pensioners or whatever cause they want to jump on that week

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                *cough* Yorkie.
                His one redeeming feature.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Not entirely our fault, but when you take out the establishment as we did in 1920, then hand it back 40 years later with effectively a power vacuum, what do we expect? We've done this time and again through history, and we're still doing in (Libya, our failed attempt in Syria, Iraq).

We could do more to help these countries, but then the right wing start to complain that we're spending money abroad instead of giving it to our NHS, Chelsea Pensioners or whatever cause they want to jump on that week
                  "we" did? I would imagine the only one of us alive in 1920 was Zeity!

Exactly how long should a country go in paying for its alledged mistakes?

The only one I think the UK has any responsibility for is Iraq. Killing Saddam was a great mistake. Iraq needs a dictator. Sad but true.

The UK gets it right by repressing the regions. Take the North. Henry 8th f**ked them up and there has never been a let up since. Luckily the Northern natives can be placated with Whippets, flat caps, cheap booze and flat screen TVs. God help London the day the North gets its act together.

Comment

While they were assassinating their president and reverting back to savagery - America put a man on the moon.

But yeah blame the white man.

Comment

While they were assassinating their president and reverting back to savagery - America put a man on the moon.

But yeah blame the white man.
                      As a white man, you blame the non white man for everything. What does that make you bud? I know the English language is not your strong point so I'll give you a clue, the word starts with R and ends with ist You only need to know the first 3 letters of our alphabet to work out the rest

Comment

Working...
                      X