• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon Prime Day(s) Bargains....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really piss me off these sales. I am sure there are some good bargains to be had, I remember a great deal on the Amazon Fire stick last year when I needed one. Problem is when they push deals like this on their front pages..

Samsung Galaxy S8 Single SIM 64GB 5.8-Inch Android UK
    Price: £623.99
    Deal Price: £309.00 Delivery at no additional cost for Prime Members
    You Save: £314.99 (50%)

It's just absolute bollocks. 623 quid my arse. They've been 370 quid in Argos for years so not a bad price to be fair but trying to state it was 623 quid is just a blatant rip off.

As soon as I see anything like that then I'm gone.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      As soon as I see anything like that then I'm gone.
      What are you saying, that if you were in the market for that phone you'd forgo £60 out of principle due to the way Amazon handles these "bargain events"?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
        What are you saying, that if you were in the market for that phone you'd forgo £60 out of principle due to the way Amazon handles these "bargain events"?
        Quick search get's the price down similar to this deal. Just have been fed this bulltulip in these sales. Such a good deal that a 5 minute google can find the same prices not in a sale. Just bollocks. Spoils the whole experience where there may actually be deals to be had.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Quick search get's the price down similar to this deal. Just have been fed this bulltulip in these sales. Such a good deal that a 5 minute google can find the same prices not in a sale. Just bollocks. Spoils the whole experience where there may actually be deals to be had.
          Fair play, if there's equivalent deal options available I'm with you.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Anyone spotted any good ones yet?
            1TB SSD’s for £90.

Comment

Prime always seems more expensive than normal:

£79 1TB SSD free delivery

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Anyone spotted any good ones yet?
                You're just after all the extra boxes, aren't you....?

Comment

Not exactly Amazon, but still a good deal - Fully loaded Dell XPS 13 2019 model for £1449 + 4 year onsite warranty for extra £125

The missus needed a new laptop anyway

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                    Not exactly Amazon, but still a good deal - Fully loaded Dell XPS 13 2019 model for £1449 + 4 year onsite warranty for extra £125

The missus needed a new laptop anyway
                    Oooh shiny. Still on FRS, so might need a few accessories to get to the 2K mark.

Comment

Yes must get on there as I need a few big ticket items for my house move.

Comment

Working...
                      X