Driver assist cars Driver assist cars - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Posts 41 to 50 of 70

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Cars should come with a large spike poking out of the front of the steering wheel to remind them what happens when they hit something. Like a bicycle....

I've never seen a large spike that looks like a bicycle
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    I've read that argument for helmets when skiing.

...but it is a fact that seatbelts and airbags cause broken legs.
    Or, at least those who oppose safety measures can argue it.
    Before the introduction of seatbelts and secondary safety such as air bags, a person who died in a crash was recorded as a death, whether their legs were broken or not was irrelevant. Now, in a crash that the person survives due to the nanny-state safety systems, they might have broken their legs on the steering column. In the past they wouldn't have survived, but now they have broken legs, therefore safety systems cause broken legs.

And that's the logic that we are up against!
    Similar argument against cycle helmets from a neurosurgeon. Since the introduction of cycle helmets, he treated significantly more cyclists with brain injuries. Therefore cycle helmets increase the risk of brain injury. Which they do - because before that, they were all dying.

Mind you it is true that if you were vaccinated as a kid, you're more likely to get dementia... because you didn't die from TB, measles, pertussis etc.
    Duct tape holds the universe together. In quantum chromodynamics it's known as the strong force. You get it in different colours, but metallic grey is best.

Godlike

BR14 is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Similar argument against cycle helmets from a neurosurgeon. Since the introduction of cycle helmets, he treated significantly more cyclists with brain injuries. Therefore cycle helmets increase the risk of brain injury. Which they do - because before that, they were all dying.

Mind you it is true that if you were vaccinated as a kid, you're more likely to get dementia... because you didn't die from TB, measles, pertussis etc.
    I like lids.

LIDS ARE GOOD.

kevlar lined jeans aren't too bad either
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    I like lids.

LIDS ARE GOOD.

kevlar lined jeans aren't too bad either

And brown pants?
    Strong and Stable Moderation

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

And brown pants?
    After he slipped in that manure they were brown....

Godlike

BR14 is a fount of knowledge

And brown pants?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    After he slipped in that manure they were brown....
    no time for that sort of reaction, and it was the front wheel that hit the horsesh1t, slid, and then bit.

classic highside.

all over in a second. <according to my mates, i don't remember much except waking up a couple of days later >
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

2 good posts out of 46.

And 1 of the good ones from a mod.

Makes it slightly harder to find fault with the mods which is annoying.....

Fingers like lightning

Uncle Albert is NOT a disguised employee

Auntie Albert has a Hyundai Tucson which has lane assist etc. I have only driven it twice on motorways and once you get used to the steering wheel moving (slightly) by itself, it's quite nice.

I haven't had the collision warning system kick in while I've been driving, but she has when a car in-front of her braked sharply, She claims she would have stopped fine by herself but it was nice that the car was also paying attention.

Brother in law had an Audi and used to enjoy frightening passengers by trying to drive into the back of lorries - the car never allowed him.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Godlike

BoredBloke 's job has never been outsourced

I've got a Mazda 6 and it's got a few of those driving gadgets - it's got blind spot monitoring - bright orange warning on the mirror, an audible warning and on its heads up it highlights when a car is in your blind spot. It also does the lane departure thing where it tries to steer you back into the lane. I tested it once on the motorway and it managed to keep itself in the lane as it took a gentle bend but it also sensed I wasn't holding the wheel and flashed up a message to 'hold the steering wheel'. Apparently if you don't, it will start to slow down and eventually stop.

It's got adaptive cruise control and you can set the distance between you and the car in front and how soon it starts braking. I use this all the time on the empty motorways between the north west and Scotland.

It has collision detection - it flashes up BRAKE in red letters in the heads up. I'm hoping it will do the braking itself if things get too close - I've not tested this

It sounds an alarm and flashes a warning on the reversing camera, if it senses people/cars crossing when you are backing out of a space and will brake if anything gets in the way....well did on my last one.

It has a speed limiter which is really handy in areas with average speed cameras.

The auto dipping headlights are good because you're not faffing about constantly dipping and up dipping the lights as you belt down country lanes. As there is about 40 miles of fairly empty and unlit roads from the motorway into Edinburgh, this is pretty handy.

It doesn't have self parking though
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Super poster

Zigenare - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by BoredBloke View Post
    I've got a Mazda 6 and it's got a few of those driving gadgets - it's got blind spot monitoring - bright orange warning on the mirror, an audible warning and on its heads up it highlights when a car is in your blind spot. It also does the lane departure thing where it tries to steer you back into the lane. I tested it once on the motorway and it managed to keep itself in the lane as it took a gentle bend but it also sensed I wasn't holding the wheel and flashed up a message to 'hold the steering wheel'. Apparently if you don't, it will start to slow down and eventually stop.

It's got adaptive cruise control and you can set the distance between you and the car in front and how soon it starts braking. I use this all the time on the empty motorways between the north west and Scotland.

It has collision detection - it flashes up BRAKE in red letters in the heads up. I'm hoping it will do the braking itself if things get too close - I've not tested this

It sounds an alarm and flashes a warning on the reversing camera, if it senses people/cars crossing when you are backing out of a space and will brake if anything gets in the way....well did on my last one.

It has a speed limiter which is really handy in areas with average speed cameras.

The auto dipping headlights are good because you're not faffing about constantly dipping and up dipping the lights as you belt down country lanes. As there is about 40 miles of fairly empty and unlit roads from the motorway into Edinburgh, this is pretty handy.

It doesn't have self parking though
    Mine does and I don't trust it so I won't use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.