• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Driver assist cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver assist cars

I mean cars that keep in a lane on a motorway/dual carriageway and don't run into the car ahead.

Has anyone bought one of these or got any recommendations?

So far I have looked at a volvo and am speaking to Audi now(I know people who have driver assist for each of those marques and love them).

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I mean cars that keep in a lane on a motorway/dual carriageway and don't run into the car ahead.

So far I have looked at a volvo and am speaking to Audi now(I know people who have driver assist for each of those marques and love them).
    And you need that crap why? You've been done twice before for wanking-at-the-wheel, hasn't that taught you anything?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Misses has it for the Volvo, it's great. She does a lot of driving and its nice knowing that if she gets a little tired there is that bit of extra protection.
      She said it autobreaks as well if you get too close to the car in front, but honestly it's never done that for me. So I do wonder about her driving

Comment

What the doggy said. There's already too much dependence on tech in this world, we don't want any more.

Especially not in cars.
        Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
          What the doggy said. There's already too much dependence on tech in this world, we don't want any more.

Especially not in cars.
          nah this is rubbish. People make mistakes and anything that can help is a great thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            And you need that crap why? You've been done twice before for wanking-at-the-wheel, hasn't that taught you anything?
            I was only charged! Luckily I told some Manc skanks the complainants wewre Jewish and they were persuaded to drop the charges.

I average around 600 miles a week and 90% of that is motorway/expressway.

I did expect 9 stupid responses before I get an intelligent one. But they all help to bump the thread so thats cool.

Comment

stupid response #6

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                nah this is rubbish. People make mistakes and anything that can help is a great thing.
                The more "driving-aid" tech that gets added to cars, the less people will feel the need to pay attention...

It's a downward spiral.
                Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                  The more "driving-aid" tech that gets added to cars, the less people will feel the need to pay attention...

It's a downward spiral.
                  I wouldnt mind seeing the research on that one

Seriously, cars will be driving themselves in a few years, get used to it.

Comment

stupid response #9

there you go

Comment

Working...
                    X