• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Driver assist cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    How many times do you see cars and trucks wondering over the lane lines on the motorway? Too often is my answer. Hardly a journey goes by without having to take evasive action at some point on motorway journies, bring on the technology I say.
    So, don't sleep, take all the drugs you want, drink all the alcohol you want, coz the car will save you. Failing that you can always sue the car company - if you survive!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
      BMW 5 Series 2018 - , Audi A8 2019 - work sublimley. Both happy at 210 on the Autobahn. Until you get to France and then they slow down for every lorry speed limit.

Tesla is superb, but I cannot live with the interior quality. Had an S a couple of years back.

S-Class and 7 series oddly are not that great.

BMW Self Park is a hazard. MB is nearly flawless.

I drive 12k km a month and could not go back to a car without full assist options.
      You drive 12,000 km a month? FFS, how long have you been working for Stobart?

On a serious note. If driving isn't your daytime job then you're a risk to society. Only a matter of time before you're in a major accident.

What's your blood group and what state are your kidneys, liver, lungs in?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        You drive 12,000 km a month? FFS, how long have you been working for Stobart?

On a serious note. If driving isn't your daytime job then you're a risk to society. Only a matter of time before you're in a major accident.

What's your blood group and what state are your kidneys, liver, lungs in?
        I left contracting to set up a Motorsports events company.

I do occasionally get to stop.

Comment

Because BMW drivers are *******?
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
            With the odd exception

Comment

With the odd exception
              You toadying creep.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                You toadying creep.
                As charged!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                  The more "driving-aid" tech that gets added to cars, the less people will feel the need to pay attention...

It's a downward spiral.
                  Yeah, it's a slippery slope. Servo brakes, clutches, synchromesh gearboxes - down with that sort of thing!

Sheesh.
                  Don't forget seatbelts. They encourage unsafe driving as well.

I had a hire car with collision prevention once. It practically had a nervous breakdown when someone cut in front of me at 80mph. But I'd seen what he was about to do, so I was already on the brakes.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Don't forget seatbelts. They encourage unsafe driving as well.
                    I've read that argument for helmets when skiing.

...but it is a fact that seatbelts and airbags cause broken legs.
                    Or, at least those who oppose safety measures can argue it.
                    Before the introduction of seatbelts and secondary safety such as air bags, a person who died in a crash was recorded as a death, whether their legs were broken or not was irrelevant. Now, in a crash that the person survives due to the nanny-state safety systems, they might have broken their legs on the steering column. In the past they wouldn't have survived, but now they have broken legs, therefore safety systems cause broken legs.

And that's the logic that we are up against!
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Cars should come with a large spike poking out of the front of the steering wheel to remind them what happens when they hit something. Like a bicycle....

Comment

Working...
                      X