• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Driver assist cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds ideal for the MLOC.

Comment

I have a BMW and decided I didn't want any of that namby pamby stuff, a real drivers car plus I like sitting 3 foot behind the car in front of me at high speeds. It also doesn't have front fog lights but that's due to the air vents and grill
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        2 good posts out of 46.

And 1 of the good ones from a mod.

Makes it slightly harder to find fault with the mods which is annoying.....
        Accidents happen. I'll try not to do it again.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          how do you know it was a male BMW ??
          I was putting my shopping into my car when he hit it! Fortunately not the boot as I would have been crushed, shouting and pounding on his roof failed to register

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            How many times do you see cars and trucks wondering over the lane lines on the motorway? Too often is my answer. Hardly a journey goes by without having to take evasive action at some point on motorway journies, bring on the technology I say.
            Were they wandering whilst wondering?

Comment

A vote for...

I drive approx 50,000 miles per annum. My Volvo has driver assist etc. Somethings I use regularly, such as adaptive cruise control, which is essential on the M6 with all the average speed cameras. Others, such as lane departure warning, I use occasionally. Cross traffic alert can be interesting when trying to reverse out of a parking space with poor visibility. I've never asked the car to park itself, haven't had the need.

It suggests stopping for a break when it thinks I'm losing concentration and indicates the nearest service station! As a result I have stopped for coffee at midnight with a hundred miles still to go. Doesn't help with sleep but at least I got there in one piece!

I never drive "hands free" which the pilot assist would allow me to do temporarily (I think 11 seconds and then it requires you to apply steering).

When I got the car, I thought these aids were all unnecessary. Now I appreciate them but I don't rely on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Mine does and I don't trust it so I won't use it.
                I would rather trust a car to park than you.

Comment

One thing this does help explain is the number of cars that do not pull in after overtaking. With the lack of police on the roads, presumably more and more cars just head for the outside lane(or the one next to it), tell the car to do 70mph and fall asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                    It has collision detection - it flashes up BRAKE in red letters in the heads up. I'm hoping it will do the braking itself if things get too close - I've not tested this
                    I have, on a foil crisp packet, I got rear ended
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

[QUOTE=Uncle Albert;2663334]Auntie Albert has a Hyundai Tucson which has lane assist etc. I have only driven it twice on motorways and once you get used to the steering wheel moving (slightly) by itself, it's quite nice.

I haven't had the collision warning system kick in while I've been driving, but she has when a car in-front of her braked sharply, She claims she would have stopped fine by herself but it was nice that the car was also paying attention.

Brother in law had an Audi and used to enjoy frightening passengers by trying to drive into the back of lorries - the car never allowed him.[/QUOTE]

That sounds normal for an Audi driver
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X