• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Look @ jaguar ipace
    electric, very fast.
    and means you stop buying petrol of which about 65% goes straight to the taxman
    Petrol is just one big tax...
    The iPace is a very large car, which doesn't seem to come over in photos but is pretty obvious when you stand next to one. It's also made in Austria, which might allay some fears about its reliability.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
      from the days when Nuvolari was racing, Maserati has been a very evocative name for me, even more so than Ferrari.

The Levante is a vehicle with serious presence.
      Anybody out there give a tulip?

Any tulips given?

Thought not.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Anybody out there give a tulip?

Any tulips given?

Thought not.
        me too.
        i give not a tulip also.

Comment

The iPace is a very large car, which doesn't seem to come over in photos but is pretty obvious when you stand next to one. It's also made in Austria, which might allay some fears about its reliability.
          The interior is utter crap & the gear change will make you cry when making a 3 point turn.

Comment

from the days when Nuvolari was racing, Maserati has been a very evocative name for me, even more so than Ferrari.

The Levante is a vehicle with serious presence.
            I looked at the reviews online and the Porsche seems to be slightly better rated. Unless you go for the Ferrari engine

It does have a nice look to it, but reviews for uncomfortable front seats and not much boot room have put me off a little. Plus I know Porsche service is pretty good, so that's kind of edging it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              I looked at the reviews online and the Porsche seems to be slightly better rated. Unless you go for the Ferrari engine

It does have a nice look to it, but reviews for uncomfortable front seats and not much boot room have put me off a little. Plus I know Porsche service is pretty good, so that's kind of edging it for me.

My biggest problem with Porsche are their dealers.
              As for on-line reviews, when it comes to comfort it's best for you to sit in the car, rather than someone else of different corpulence

I was going to suggest the Alfa Stelvio to you, but it's smaller - the size of a Macan, rather than the Cayenne - and probably not dull enough.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Plus I know Porsche service is pretty good, so that's kind of edging it for me.
                Should be for the bloody prices.

Amen to that.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  As for on-line reviews, when it comes to comfort it's best for you to sit in the car, rather than someone else of different corpulence

I was going to suggest the Alfa Stelvio to you, but it's smaller - the size of a Macan, rather than the Cayenne - and probably not dull enough.
                  What problems have you had with the Porsche dealers, I've only used one but they have been excellent?

Comment

What problems have you had with the Porsche dealers, I've only used one but they have been excellent?

Only been in a couple of their showrooms. In one, on a quiet midweek day while the salesmen were at their desks playing solitaire on their computers, the receptionist first asked me why I was there, then asked me if I had an appointment. When I told her I wanted to look at the Macan, she first told me (very condescendingly) that I had mispronounced it, and it should be called M'Cawn. She then said I couldn't have a brochure or look at one without an appointment.
                    All I wanted to know (initially) was would my dog be able to get in the boot and was it big enough.

If they are that eager to displease for sales of their new cars, then when it comes to resolving issues or servicing, they'll be a nightmare.

I ended up buying an Audi with the same engine in it.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      when it comes to resolving issues or servicing, they'll be a nightmare.
                      Got a mate who is a mechanic at Porsche, £180+vat/hr standard labour rate!! (for bottom of the ladder grease monkey).

He said if you're getting one make sure it's still within warranty...

Comment

Working...
                      X