Car Buying Car Buying - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 48

Thread: Car Buying

  1. #11

    Contractor Among Contractors

    JohntheBike is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saptastic View Post
    Look @ jaguar ipace
    electric, very fast.
    and means you stop buying petrol of which about 65% goes straight to the taxman
    Petrol is just one big tax...
    The iPace is a very large car, which doesn't seem to come over in photos but is pretty obvious when you stand next to one. It's also made in Austria, which might allay some fears about its reliability.

  2. #12

    Super poster

    Zigenare - scorchio!

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohntheBike View Post
    from the days when Nuvolari was racing, Maserati has been a very evocative name for me, even more so than Ferrari.

    The Levante is a vehicle with serious presence.
    Anybody out there give a tulip?

    Any tulips given?

    Thought not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

  3. #13

    Godlike

    BR14 is always on top

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    7,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    Anybody out there give a tulip?

    Any tulips given?

    Thought not.
    me too.
    i give not a tulip also.
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  4. #14

    Contractor Among Contractors

    clearedforlanding 's job has never been outsourced

    clearedforlanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Found myself. Still lost.
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohntheBike View Post
    The iPace is a very large car, which doesn't seem to come over in photos but is pretty obvious when you stand next to one. It's also made in Austria, which might allay some fears about its reliability.
    The interior is utter crap & the gear change will make you cry when making a 3 point turn.

  5. #15

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohntheBike View Post
    from the days when Nuvolari was racing, Maserati has been a very evocative name for me, even more so than Ferrari.

    The Levante is a vehicle with serious presence.
    I looked at the reviews online and the Porsche seems to be slightly better rated. Unless you go for the Ferrari engine

    It does have a nice look to it, but reviews for uncomfortable front seats and not much boot room have put me off a little. Plus I know Porsche service is pretty good, so that's kind of edging it for me.

  6. #16

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH is always on top

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    I looked at the reviews online and the Porsche seems to be slightly better rated. Unless you go for the Ferrari engine

    It does have a nice look to it, but reviews for uncomfortable front seats and not much boot room have put me off a little. Plus I know Porsche service is pretty good, so that's kind of edging it for me.

    My biggest problem with Porsche are their dealers.
    As for on-line reviews, when it comes to comfort it's best for you to sit in the car, rather than someone else of different corpulence

    I was going to suggest the Alfa Stelvio to you, but it's smaller - the size of a Macan, rather than the Cayenne - and probably not dull enough.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  7. #17

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk is always on top

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Plus I know Porsche service is pretty good, so that's kind of edging it for me.
    Should be for the bloody prices.

    My biggest problem with Porsche are their dealers.
    Amen to that.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  8. #18

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    My biggest problem with Porsche are their dealers.
    As for on-line reviews, when it comes to comfort it's best for you to sit in the car, rather than someone else of different corpulence

    I was going to suggest the Alfa Stelvio to you, but it's smaller - the size of a Macan, rather than the Cayenne - and probably not dull enough.
    What problems have you had with the Porsche dealers, I've only used one but they have been excellent?

  9. #19

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH is always on top

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    What problems have you had with the Porsche dealers, I've only used one but they have been excellent?

    Only been in a couple of their showrooms. In one, on a quiet midweek day while the salesmen were at their desks playing solitaire on their computers, the receptionist first asked me why I was there, then asked me if I had an appointment. When I told her I wanted to look at the Macan, she first told me (very condescendingly) that I had mispronounced it, and it should be called M'Cawn. She then said I couldn't have a brochure or look at one without an appointment.
    All I wanted to know (initially) was would my dog be able to get in the boot and was it big enough.

    If they are that eager to displease for sales of their new cars, then when it comes to resolving issues or servicing, they'll be a nightmare.

    I ended up buying an Audi with the same engine in it.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  10. #20

    Contractor Among Contractors

    pr1 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    when it comes to resolving issues or servicing, they'll be a nightmare.
    Got a mate who is a mechanic at Porsche, £180+vat/hr standard labour rate!! (for bottom of the ladder grease monkey).

    He said if you're getting one make sure it's still within warranty...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •