• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I agree with the review. It is not an M car & the whole M Performance sub brand is off. I own one of the original M3 DTM cars & my business partner is an M DTM driver.

Pistonheads are very very performance focused and I have other cars for going mental with in the true M fashion.

It is a supreme allrounder. That part is undeniable - and well worth considering as an alternative to an SUV. The 2018 540d specced out is a fabulous car. I am lucky to have the 550d

"It's a properly serious bit of kit and a hugely appealing all-rounder. As a Touring it's also a very stylish riposte to the default choice of a premium SUV." - from the article.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
      I agree with the review. It is not an M car & the whole M Performance sub brand is off. I own one of the original M3 DTM cars & my business partner is an M DTM driver.

Pistonheads are very very performance focused and I have other cars for going mental with in the true M fashion.

It is a supreme allrounder. That part is undeniable - and well worth considering as an alternative to an SUV. The 2018 540d specced out is a fabulous car. I am lucky to have the 550d

"It's a properly serious bit of kit and a hugely appealing all-rounder. As a Touring it's also a very stylish riposte to the default choice of a premium SUV." - from the article.
      What about the AMG C63 S?

Alfa Romeo Stelvio QF vs Mercedes-AMG C63 S | PistonHeads

I'm just asking you to park your prejudice and give it a go!
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        What about the AMG C63 S?

Alfa Romeo Stelvio QF vs Mercedes-AMG C63 S | PistonHeads

I'm just asking you to park your prejudice and give it a go!
        I have no predjudice against Alfas, believe me. I love them. I just do not have the customer demand for clients wanting to blast them down the Nurburgring and down the Autobahn.

I understood one of the criteria was space for a dog. My lab was not happy in the back of a C-Class T.

Comment

I have no predjudice against Alfas, believe me. I love them. I just do not have the customer demand for clients wanting to blast them down the Nurburgring and down the Autobahn.

I understood one of the criteria was space for a dog. My lab was not happy in the back of a C-Class T.
          Space is important, dogs and cages, road trips etc. Aware i could get away with a hatchback

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Space is important, dogs and cages, road trips etc. Aware i could get away with a hatchback
            Have you thought about the AMG E Class Estate.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Have you thought about the AMG E Class Estate.
              Absolutley fantastic car (E63) that serves no purpose in the UK unless he wants to take his dog for a lap of Silverstone. The interiors are stunning in an Emirates First Class (pre refresh) bling kind of way, not to everyones taste and I fear it might date.

Comment

Absolutley fantastic car (E63) that serves no purpose in the UK unless he wants to take his dog for a lap of Silverstone. The interiors are stunning in an Emirates First Class (pre refresh) bling kind of way, not to everyones taste and I fear it might date.
                It is a Marmite car.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I'v not had a meth lab in the back of mine, but...
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                  X