• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In that class, Mercedes GLS has the most presence for me... The AMG63 is ludicrous, although running costs will make your eyes water.

That said, if it were me, unless you really need an SUV, I'd be far more tempted by the Alfa Giulia QV for the style and added exclusivity, not to mention the Ferrari engine.

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
      In that class, Mercedes GLS has the most presence for me... The AMG63 is ludicrous, although running costs will make your eyes water.

That said, if it were me, unless you really need an SUV, I'd be far more tempted by the Alfa Giulia QV for the style and added exclusivity, not to mention the Ferrari engine.
      A certain mod is about to give you a BJ.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        I doubt it, cojak doesn't do that.

If I lived closer to main roads and didn't have a dog then the Giulia QV would have been on the list. Sadly it was dropped for those reasons
        ... Then the Stelvio came along.

Stelvio QV is faster 0-60 than the Giulia QV because it can stick power to the fronts if necessary, but most of the time it doesn't.
        And it has the ground clearance necessary not to damage the bumper if the pedal of a bike is sticking up as you drive over it.

But then again, some people just want the fastest SUV round the Nordschleife.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post

SUV for dogs in the back. Bit of space for cages.

Comment

Before they get too excited, I drive a Civic Type R, so I'm probably not the most reliable source on taste....

Comment

I will be in the UK next week and will be bringing my M550d xDrive Touring which I believe is the best car for the UK. I never got the SUV thing. I have yet to see anything more effortless up the hill at Dover.
              Unfortunatley you are not allowed to have one, but I would highly recommend a 2018 540d Sport Touring. Go for all the bells and whistles including the HUD and Massage Seats.

There is no car that is nicer to be inside (assuming you are driving yourself).
              Last edited by clearedforlanding; 17 July 2019, 22:00.

Comment

I will be in the UK next week and will be bringing my M550d xDrive Touring which I believe is the best car for the UK. I never got the SUV thing. I have yet to see anything more effortless up the hill at Dover.
                Unfortunatley you are not allowed to have one, but I would highly recommend a 2018 540d Sport Touring. Go for all the bells and whistles including the HUD and Massage Seats.

There is no car that is nicer to be inside (assuming you are driving yourself).
                Meh...

BMW M550d Touring: Driven | PistonHeads

Comment

I never got the SUV thing.
                  You've never lived up a country lane where ground clearance is needed.

...and I'm guessing you've not driven a variant of The Toy
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    You've never lived up a country lane where ground clearance is needed.

...and I'm guessing you've not driven a variant of The Toy
                    A reminder of the 2018 fleet I live on a farm in Bavaria, when not towing my pikey wagon.

BMW M140i
                    BMW 540
                    BMW M550i Limousine
                    BMW M3
                    BMW M4 Coupé
                    BMW M4 Cabrio
                    BMW X4 M40
                    BMW M6 GranCoupé
                    BMW M6 Cabrio
                    BMW X5M
                    Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG S
                    Mercedes-Benz GLE63 AMG
                    Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Coupé
                    Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Cabrio
                    Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG Cabrio
                    Mercedes-Benz AMG GT S

This is true, I haven't driven the toy. I would like to.

Comment

A reminder of the 2018 fleet I live on a farm in Bavaria, when not towing my pikey wagon.

BMW M140i
                      BMW 540
                      BMW M550i Limousine
                      BMW M3
                      BMW M4 Coupé
                      BMW M4 Cabrio
                      BMW X4 M40
                      BMW M6 GranCoupé
                      BMW M6 Cabrio
                      BMW X5M
                      Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG S
                      Mercedes-Benz GLE63 AMG
                      Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Coupé
                      Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Cabrio
                      Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG Cabrio
                      Mercedes-Benz AMG GT S

This is true, I haven't driven the toy. I would like to.
                      but how big are your cat's bolloks?? eh?

Comment

Working...
                      X