• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Buying

So. I'm looking to buy a new car, was initially going to go for a Tesla but the Model S price is just too much with the extras.

My two choices are Range Rover Sport or Porsche Cayenne, probably going to go for a 2017 model, keep the price down a little.

Right now the Porsche is edging it because of its reliability, I think RR consistently come bottom or near bottom of user rankings.

What do you reckon, thoughts, alternatives, suggestions?

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    So. I'm looking to buy a new car,
    probably going to go for a 2017 model,
    So it won't be a new car then

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
      So it won't be a new car then
      New to me. Thank you for your thoughts though.

Comment

So. I'm looking to buy a new car, was initially going to go for a Tesla but the Model S price is just too much with the extras.

My two choices are Range Rover Sport or Porsche Cayenne, probably going to go for a 2017 model, keep the price down a little.

Right now the Porsche is edging it because of its reliability, I think RR consistently come bottom or near bottom of user rankings.

RR Sport will likely go wrong.
        Porsche Cayenne is for people with more money than taste. The Toureg is the same car but without a petrol option. Ditto for the Q7. Go VW IMO unlss you really want a petrol.

Or go a full RR Vogue. If cost is an issue go for a little older. If you do like Petrol the 5L supercharged V8 is a monster.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Do not buy anything from LandRover - their reliability is tulipe and they're massively overpriced.

Go for the Urus, FFS, are you a contractor or not!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            RR Sport will likely go wrong.
            Porsche Cayenne is for people with more money than taste. The Toureg is the same car but without a petrol option. Ditto for the Q7. Go VW IMO unlss you really want a petrol.

Or go a full RR Vogue. If cost is an issue go for a little older. If you do like Petrol the 5L supercharged V8 is a monster.
            This really does sound like me.

I've had a toureg in the past and I know they have improved. But it's also about a statement and in the end if Im honest there is an element of it being a vanity buy.

Comment

Levante?

Maserati Levante Review (2019) | Autocar
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Levante?
                mmm that is interesting, didnt even know about it.

Comment

Look @ jaguar ipace
                  electric, very fast.
                  and means you stop buying petrol of which about 65% goes straight to the taxman
                  Petrol is just one big tax...

Comment

mmm that is interesting, didnt even know about it.
                    from the days when Nuvolari was racing, Maserati has been a very evocative name for me, even more so than Ferrari.

The Levante is a vehicle with serious presence.

Comment

Working...
                    X