• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cat Buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Get one from a rescue centre.
    That's where we got ours. But last summer, when my uncle fell into the swimming pool, she just sat there, purring.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Russian Blue?

Do what thou wilt

Comment

Cats attack squirrels, just so you know. Plus you don't want one that might end up in a kebab. So get a skinny one. And don't over-feed it...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Currently got 3 cats.

I can confirm one does not own a cat. A cat owns a human.
          Dogs have masters, Cats have staff.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Should I go American -

or Persian

or should I just buy British -

???
            Make sure you get it to sign a pre-nip!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

We've got four cats. Two were feral kittens from the RSPCA, one stray who just turned up and didn't go home and the new one who is a four year old from a cat rescue charity. The new arrival is a 8kg Maine Coon who we're trying to integrate without him killing any of the others. We've just switched from bringing him down in a dog pen every evening to putting him on a lead. He's great with people though!

There are too many unwanted cats around without people ever having to buy them from a breeder. Pedigree cats have a lot of issues anyway. Always get a cat from a rescue centre or charity.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                That's where we got ours. But last summer, when my uncle fell into the swimming pool, she just sat there, purring.
                If you had put cat food on your uncle, she may have jumped in. Though I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Cats attack squirrels, just so you know. Plus you don't want one that might end up in a kebab. So get a skinny one. And don't over-feed it...
                  Squirrels are difficult to catch. Though we had one cat who caught 2 in 24 hours. God I miss Mostyn.....

Comment

Don't get a long haired cat.

Or if you do make sure it likes being groomed.

I miss my old cat still.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Currently got 3 cats.

I can confirm one does not own a cat. A cat owns a human.
                      absolutely!

Ours is now 18 years old.

Comment

Working...
                      X